Mt. Howard?

ma...@mgforbes.com

Sep 15, 2014, 12:43:36 PM9/15/14
to stan.mo...@gmail.com, Cascade Paragliding Club
> Mt. Howard next weekend?

Not unless the TFR lifts, which I think is unlikely until they get
serious rain/snow out that way...at which point the tram will be
closed too.

http://tfr.faa.gov/save_pages/detail_4_3745.html

MGF

Jake Jacobs

Sep 16, 2014, 2:10:00 PM9/16/14
to cp...@googlegroups.com, stan.mo...@gmail.com
Thanks for the heads up Mark.

Dang, I was hoping to flying it on our way back from Wendy's race in McCall, ID. We will be stopping through Joseph early next week to visit her grandparents. Would have been flying Tuesday the 23rd if conditions permitted.

Michael F, Todd W or other Joseph/Enterprise area locals, are you doing any flying in locations outside of the TFR?  Anyone know of any flying sites around McCall, ID?

--Jake

Wallowa Paragliding

Sep 16, 2014, 7:46:29 PM9/16/14
to cpcl@googlegroups.com Groups, stan.mo...@gmail.com, Jake Jacobs
I just got back to Joseph after a busy season in Canada.  I received some recent info from the Incident Commander on the West fork wallowa river fire.  They have pulled everyone off the fire except for a small local ground crew that will be monitoring the hot spots.  The new IC will be doing a revision on the fire this afternoon and they plan to remove the TFR tomorrow morning if all goes as planned.

Strong south wind yesterday, today, and tomorrow, so not missing much flying here at the moment.

I will be around through the end of the month, flying as much as possible.  The Wallowa Lake Tramway is very supportive of a fly-in gathering this weekend or the next.   I am planning to run laps with the freestyle wing and speed wings and will also have my rescue boat in the water for those wanting to join me.

The site requirements are still P3 with TUR sign off.

It seems to be getting better for friday, maybe a light south on sat, and still too far away for sunday.  At least it will be warm, and we won’t be getting 3 feet of fluffy white powder like last year!

-Todd
pastedGraphic.pdf

Wallowa Paragliding

Sep 17, 2014, 6:37:15 PM9/17/14
to cpcl@googlegroups.com Groups
We have received the final confirmation that the TFR will be removed tonight.   A few pilots will be arriving on friday and staying through the weekend.  A few others will be arriving saturday or sunday and staying through tuesday.  For more info and event details please see the Facebook link:

https://www.facebook.com/events/904565196237663/

It should be nice and hot over the weekend, perfect for a swim! :)
Cheers,
Todd
<pastedGraphic.pdf>