Frank Colver (USHPA member #7) visiting Kiwanda in May

ma...@mgforbes.com

Feb 14, 2018, 1:31:53 AM2/14/18
to OHGA, CPC List
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Cape Kiwanda in May
From: "Frank Colver" <fco...@znet.com>
Date: Tue, February 13, 2018 9:04 pm

To Whom it may concern:

The suggestion of a Cape Kiwanda reunion of vintage HG pilots was a non-starter, so it is "dust" now.

There is no longer any effort on my part (or anyone else's that I know of) to have a flying meet event, of any kind, at Cape Kiwanda in early May.

However, as an individual hang glider pilot, not representing any thing or anybody else, who after many years of not flying, had a very short flight at Kiwanda in May 2012, at Oregon's "40th Anniversary of Hang Gliding" meet, in my Eipper "standard" rogallo. I have dreamed of flying there again after I started flying regularly at Dockweiler Beach and acquired an Alpha 210, a Condor 330 and a Condor 225 (the Alpha now belongs to Joe Faust).

So, to make that dream come true, I have rented a cabin in Pacific City for early May and I'm driving up to spend a week living that dream. I look forward to meeting the local pilots and sharing flying and sharing some beers when the days are done. 8-)

It would be great if some of my fellow SoCal pilots came along, but I only know of one "on board" at this time. But that's one more than in 2012!

Frank Colver

Dirk Larson

Feb 14, 2018, 2:01:53 AM2/14/18
to ma...@mgforbes.com, fco...@znet.com, OHGA, CPC List
Frank,

I’m not sure if you know, but The Oceanside Open is the weekend of April 28th this year, and we expect the usual crowd of many hang gliders and paragliders. I suggest you come over that weekend instead. We’d like be to have you!

Best,

Dirk Larson
President | Cascade Paragliding Club

Sent from my smartphone

The suggestion of a Cape Kiwanda reunion of vintage HG pilots was a non-starter, so it is "dust" now.

There is no longer any effort on my part (or anyone else's that I know of) to have a flying meet event, of any kind, at Cape Kiwanda in early May.

However, as an individual hang glider pilot, not representing any thing or anybody else, who after many years of not flying, had a very short flight at Kiwanda in May 2012, at Oregon's "40th Anniversary of Hang Gliding" meet, in my Eipper "standard" rogallo. I have dreamed of flying there again after I started flying regularly at Dockweiler Beach and acquired an Alpha 210, a Condor 330 and a Condor 225 (the Alpha now belongs to Joe Faust).

So, to make that dream come true, I have rented a cabin in Pacific City for early May and I'm driving up to spend a week living that dream. I look forward to meeting the local pilots and sharing flying and sharing some beers when the days are done. <image001.gif>