aiming for petersons thurs

Steve Seibel

Mar 23, 2017, 12:14:10 AM3/23/17
to ohgalist, CPC List
Petersons makes the most sense for me tomorrow-- stay local-- MM5 NAM looks good direction 11-5 and also rain free in that time-- maybe a little light-- NOAA shows a little more chance of rain but stronger winds esp from 2 onward

Petersons would definitely have worked late this morning too, not sure about later

Ouch I bonked my glider in on the nose launching Oceanside today, all of a sudden as I was running the wing just got super heavy and I couldn't run it out

Carried it back up the 10 feet or so I had covered, looked it over, and launched in a better cycle

Fun circling w/ eagles under a bit of sun

Bill Briskey

Mar 23, 2017, 1:45:29 AM3/23/17
to sseib...@gmail.com, ohgalist, CPC List
I forgot to post about yesterday at Peterson -

Peter D and I hiked to mid about 4pm and observed a huge cell south of Corvallis that had a lot of dynamic activity in it based on radar images.  The track looked to be almost due north so we prepared to launch, enjoying warm temps, eagle sightings, and lots of other critters.  We launched into a nice SW cycle and worked the hillside.  There was lift enough to maintain, with an occasional cycle here and there that allowed us to explore for a while while Steve S chased after us with one of his myriad of RC gliders.  Some cattle first trotted away from us during a few passes, while the sheep ignored us.  I happened upon the confluence of rising air at the right time and climbed up to peak level, really enjoying the experience of having to work at staying up and then succeeding enough to have to work to get down later.

Peter had a date and there were more clouds getting organized enough to soon threaten our fun, so we headed to the LZ.  We left when it started to sprinkle, with Steve following soon after.  After getting only sledders the last several flights, it was a heck of a shot in the arm to get such as neat flight.  I'm sure it will take a few more days for the grin to wear off my face!

Bill

Norris, Joshua

Mar 23, 2017, 7:43:16 PM3/23/17
to CPC List
Pete Powers and I showed up around 2 PM to Peterson. Light cycles 6-8mph. Lots of eagles out intermittently. We hiked up to mid and waited for things to get a little stronger. And possibly sunnier. After launching, we were able to maintain for the first few minutes. I made a couple of runs back-and-forth across most of the Butte. However, the cycles seem to get less and less, then slowly we sledded. After landing as the rain approached, the wind stiffened and there was the briefest of soaring sessions at the LZ bench. Beautiful spring day.
image1.JPG
ATT00001.txt

Norris, Joshua

Mar 23, 2017, 8:22:58 PM3/23/17