Valle Bravo

Michael Cook

Nov 16, 2018, 1:23:43 PM11/16/18
to Cascade Paragliding Club
So is there anywhere in particular that's better or worse to stay location wise? Looking at some lodging options and don't know the layout for flying.... Any suggestions welcome!

Mike Steed

Nov 16, 2018, 1:39:33 PM11/16/18
to groov...@gmail.com, cp...@googlegroups.com

The LZ is at lower right, with the open-air market near "Centro".  That distance is walkable but you won't want to go much further.  We've rented some very nice houses up the hill near the middle of the image, but that is a lot of vertical.  Enjoy your trip!

Mike

Nov 16, 2018, 2:02:48 PM11/16/18
to Mike Steed, Michael Cook, 'David Le' via Cascade Paragliding Club
Mike is right. Stay close to lake LZ or by all the paragliding shops. Easy walk, less uphill, and easy transport to launch in the morning.

Dan Hutch

Nov 16, 2018, 5:49:58 PM11/16/18
to Cascade Paragliding Club
Any suggestions on who to contact for guiding, orientation, etc. before heading to the area?

Thanks,
Dan

jeffrey wishnie

Nov 16, 2018, 6:08:50 PM11/16/18
to dweh...@gmail.com, Cascade Paragliding Club
Location:
I strongly recommend being in town walking distance from the main plaza. It’s fun, pretty, lots of food, easy walk to the LZ, or to grab a cab to launch.

Guiding:
Andy Macrea of Bozeman paragliding offers inexpensive on-site guiding (and he’ll help you find a place to stay, get from Mexico City to Valle etc…)

He’s a great pilot, great instructor, and knows Valle very very well.

Jeff

Michael Cook

Nov 17, 2018, 10:44:52 AM11/17/18
to Cascade Paragliding Club
Thanks!

I have been googling around and there seems to be lots of options - I appreciate the vertical info!

I think Matt Henzi will be guiding down there Dec/Jan as well FYI.