March Meeting Reminder

andrew.e...@gmail.com

Feb 28, 2021, 12:40:32 PM2/28/21
to Cascade Paragliding Club
Reminder for the monthly meeting coming up this Tuesday at 7:30pm PT.

On the agenda, but not to be limited to:
  • Officer nominations
  • Cliffside LZ land development
  • New P2 Meeting Recap
  • Potential Yaquina work party dates?
  • Safety Day/Repack Clinic discussion
  • Tree landing egress system (vendor supplied information)

Luke

Mar 1, 2021, 9:56:43 PM3/1/21
to andrew.e...@gmail.com, Cascade Paragliding Club

This is an important meeting as we don’t want to forget one of the important process’ that makes us a club that represents the community.  I think etch has done a great job rallying the club toward continued progress through these difficult times.  I think he will offer a lot more than he already has with a full year of leadership.  Also thanx to big Nick for his initial leadership and ongoing enthusiasm.  I know his specific plans became difficult to follow through upon as the covid pandemic reared its ugly head!  Since video meetings can be a little awkward for nomination and discussion of potential executive officers, I will go ahead and nominate Etch for president, Luke Christian for vice president and Mark Sanzone for treasurer.  Today I just noticed in the bylaws http://cascadeparaglidingclub.org/bylaws/ that we were supposed to nominate last month (I thought it was this month.  I think Etch’s drive and organization along with Luke Christians unique perspective and enthusiasm would be a great combo.  That said there is nothing more valuable than healthy debate between different options to give the club the best chance for success.  If there are other willing participants, please don’t let my endorsement  stop you from throwing your hat in!  Also thanx again to Alan for the occasional nudges to read the bylaws … that is super important as well … that said, I guess we need an audit committee as per #7 although Mark’s thorough posting to the club of all income and expenditures probably qualifies 😊.  Thanx to all of you for making this such a great community!

Luke Danielson

Alan

Mar 2, 2021, 9:29:44 AM3/2/21
to Cascade Paragliding Club
Thanks Luke. As I worked through the RRG stuff and USHPA chapter renewal this year I saw we need to add a secretary to meet USHPA chapter requirements (SOP 06-01), which say:

 C. Chapters must have a minimum of four officers, to include President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer. No member may hold more than two offices at a time. The office of President, and Vice President cannot be held by the same individual.

Since you're already doing all this work anyway I nominate you for secretary!

Thanks again to everyone who gives back to make this club and community better.

Alan

andrew.e...@gmail.com

Mar 2, 2021, 7:21:42 PM3/2/21
to Cascade Paragliding Club