Club Auction

Mark Sanzone

Jul 14, 2018, 12:36:45 PM7/14/18
to Cascade Paragliding Club
Numerous items have been donated to the club the past year from former pilots.  Steve Roti volunteered his services to set up an auction site and I am finally opening it up.

This is a great opportunity for someone entering the sport or instructors looking for school gear.  The equipment is at Dave Blizzard's barn and my garage.  We can get things out for inspection/demo of course.  A couple of items are already out for demo.

My plan is to keep the auction open for about a month.  Please share this message with pilots outside our mailing list that may be interested.

If you click on an item you can get more info and submit a bid.  I already put one bid in and it worked.

Mark Sanzone

Bill Briskey

Jul 17, 2018, 10:16:32 AM7/17/18
to Cascade Paragliding Club
Golf Clubs and Bag?  Must be for those "over the back" times.  :)

Bill

John S

Aug 8, 2018, 3:26:07 PM8/8/18
to Cascade Paragliding Club
Hey Mark,
I've got an old tandem wing I can donate.  The Brick!  It's a small tandem, circa 1992.  What it would be good for is if a tandem pilot wanted to fly his/her kids.  Or if you're really lucky and you have a 95 lb. girlfriend. Weight is 110 to 220 kilos.  I've soared in it many times, mostly with Pat Erwin's kids, but also with my son Jonathan. I can't fly him anymore in it because I'm no longer tandem rated and he weighs 240.   What can I do to put it on there?
John Saltveit

Seward Whitfield

Aug 8, 2018, 4:22:37 PM8/8/18
to Cascade Paragliding Club, John S
I'd be happy to donate an old tandem as well...Billy Gordon's chartreuse Flight Design A-?, circa...?
If anyone is going by on Hwy 6 east of Tillamook and could pick it up to add to the cause, that would great.  I leave it to wiser heads to decide if it should be just a beach tandem or is still somewhat air-worthy for dune hops etc.  Comes with risers etc.  I could also probably deliver it by motorcycle at some point.

Cheers, Seward

Seward and Christy Whitfield Wild Rain Gallery 503 842 6405 9-5pm Tue-Sun www.wildraingallery.com, then Facebook link

Mark Sanzone

Aug 8, 2018, 10:24:01 PM8/8/18
to sewardw...@yahoo.com, Cascade Paragliding Club, John S
Thanks for The offers but I don’t think there is demand for tandem wings over 20 years old.  They are still useful for ground handling and maybe The dunes in light conditions.  I would just give them away to anyone interested.

Steve Roti

Aug 9, 2018, 1:37:15 PM8/9/18
to Cascade Paragliding Club
Recycling may be the best use for those 1990s tandems.

The Brick was my first tandem glider. Pete Reagan and I learned to fly tandem together on it, and it got its nickname because it had the glide ratio of a brick.

Steve Roti