El Salvador Adventure

Discover Paragliding

Oct 28, 2014, 2:13:25 AM10/28/14
to cp...@googlegroups.com
Finally got into the air again today after more than a month of being grounded.  (Excluding far too many airline flights. ) While the flight wasn't epic the story of my getting here possibly qualifies.

The flight was a sled ride tandem flight. Landing somewhat ungracefully in a too tall patch of jungle brush in an ungroomed postage stamp  LZ.

The getting here part has been an amazing adventure! So much has happened in the last several days it blows me away to think about it. Boat rides, catching and tagging sea turtles, stuck buses, leaky roofs, fun cops and hand cuffs, a 'guerrilla' style crossing into Honduras, and several new lifelong friends. One of the major highlights being a dinner party with guests that included the Vice President of El Salvador. (Got to meet and thank him personally!)

Finally back in flying mode, we are going to try flying again tomorrow at a lake just outside of San Salvador which promises to be spectacular!

It seems I always fall short when I try to imagine where this crazy sport of ours will take me!

Coming home again soon, but I expect 'here' will never again be as far away as it was before.

Brad (Seriously missing my better half!)

20141027_163202_resized_1.jpg

John Saltveit

Oct 31, 2014, 1:51:19 AM10/31/14
to cp...@googlegroups.com
Reed went on a flying tour there 40 years ago.  You should talk shop.
John Saltveit