Wilderness First Aid Clinic (paragliding specific)

Kate Eagle

Sep 25, 2019, 9:04:27 PM9/25/19
to Cascade Paragliding Club
Discover Paragliding is pleased to announce an opportunity to earn Wilderness First Aid Certification (WFA). This training could make the critical difference between a minor mishap and serious injury, and in some circumstances, life and death. You will learn paragliding specific, wilderness triage, treatment, and rescue techniques. The course will be taught by our esteemed Josh Norris, a local pilot and Wilderness-EMT. He has been teaching Wilderness First Responder & WFA courses since 2004 and has been working as a commercial Rock & Alpine guide for over a decade. Josh has experience treating patients in extreme environments. He currently works with Search & Rescue teams, and international clinics as a Wilderness EMT which has helped shape his teaching and treatment philosophy. We look forward to presenting this valuable opportunity to our community.

When: December 7-8
Time: 9am-5pm Saturday, Sunday
Where: Discover Paragliding's Classroom
91648 Schaffer Dr. Warrenton, OR 97146

Registration: $200
Step 1. Register by sending a $200 payment through paypal to Sa...@discoverparagliding.com
Step 2. Send us an email confirming your submitted payment to Josh....@oregonstate.edu with a mailing address to receive your text book ahead of time.
WFA course flyer link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/19XB005LNLc9c8bAt9qQiz3ZamzVgG_tL/view?usp=drivesdk

Kate Eagle

Oct 6, 2019, 2:52:03 PM10/6/19
to Cascade Paragliding Club
We need at least 5 more participants to make this clinic happen! Consider making this investment for yourself and your flying community. The knowledge and skills that you gain, could make the difference between life and death, or at least quality of life and minimizing complications following an accident, for a fellow pilot. Even for an experienced medical professional, like myself, I recommend this course. Josh will impart the latest spine mobilization recommendations and techniques for wilderness extrication and rescue, along with a plethora of other valuable education. Cost covers not only instruction, but also a handbook and medical supplies.

Kate Eagle

Oct 17, 2019, 2:02:01 AM10/17/19
to Cascade Paragliding Club
Make sure that you follow through if you’d like to participate in the WFA course. Josh says he has not heard from several people who’ve said they’d like to attend. If you’d like to join us, we need to get you confirmed and he needs to send out your class materials:

Registration: $200
Step 1: Register by sending a $200 payment through paypal to Sa...@discoverparagliding.com
Step 2: Send Josh an email confirming your submitted payment to Josh....@oregonstate.edu with a mailing address to receive your text book ahead of time.
Step 3: Send email to ka...@discoverparagliding.com to confirm enrollment with us

It’s going to be a great clinic, packed with valuable information and hands-on practice!

See you there!