Morning coastal report?

Mark G. Forbes

Apr 22, 2017, 11:35:41 AM4/22/17
to Cascade Paragliding Club
What's the word?

ma...@mgforbes.com
541-760-3231 (cell)
MGF iPad

Bill Briskey

Apr 22, 2017, 12:00:51 PM4/22/17
to Cascade Paragliding Club
The word is "Wind".  I'm in Depoe Bay and it is SSE at 20+ with gusts approaching 30.  The surf is starting to become "washing machine" textured and a big gray wall of clouds is approaching from the west.  The gull are flying like they are trying to avoid machine gun fire, jerking here and there, many times with wings tucked.  There might be an opportunity to fly this afternoon around 3 - 4 so I'll be headed up to Oceanside with optimism.

Bill

Mark Sanzone

Apr 22, 2017, 6:11:08 PM4/22/17
to bill.b...@gmail.com, Cascade Paragliding Club
Still wet and windy.  Forecasts have wind backing down after 5.  I predict hangs will launch around 6 and bags at 7.