Need some transportation help.

Discover Paragliding!

Aug 28, 2014, 1:53:03 PM8/28/14
to Cascade Paragliding Club
A couple weeks ago, I posted that something was happening. That happening was that Godfrey ('The Boy Who Flies') has been hanging out at our place for the last two weeks. We've been working on his pilot skills, and are helping him work towards his instructor qualifications. We are doing this together with Kevin Lee down in Woodrat, and unfortunately it's now Kevin's turn to have Godfrey visit for a while.

Here's where we need some help: We need to get him to Portland so he can take advantage of one of the offers he has received for a ride to Starthistle this weekend. Unfortunately, we have had a bad week with our cars. We broke both our Element and our truck on the same day. The truck is working well enough to tow, but we are reluctant to take it on a longer road trip. Hoping to fix the Honda today, but that makes the time line just a bit sketchy, especially since I haven't diagnosed it's troubles just yet.

We'd love also to make it to Starthistle, but with our current student load we just can't get away this weekend. Have fun down there everyone! Hope the weather and flying are great!

Let me know as soon as you can if you can help us out. Really appreciated!

Brad
--

See you up there,

Brad and Maren
Your 'Couple' of Instructors
www.DiscoverParagliding.com
503-861-2772 (W) 503-440-0733 (c)

Mark Sanzone

Aug 28, 2014, 4:07:49 PM8/28/14
to bradan...@discoverparagliding.com, Cascade Paragliding Club
Is there a bus from Seaside?  I know there is one from Tillamook.

Sent from my iPad

David Le

Aug 28, 2014, 5:33:44 PM8/28/14
to cp...@googlegroups.com
Brad,

Godfrey can take the bus from Astoria to Portland at 6 pm tonight, or tomorrow at 8:30 am. From there, we can take him to ST. Just left a voice mail on your phone...give me a call.

Cheers,

David Le

Aug 28, 2014, 5:34:14 PM8/28/14
to cp...@googlegroups.com

Discover Paragliding!

Aug 28, 2014, 8:05:25 PM8/28/14
to cp...@googlegroups.com
The Bus suggestion is clearly the winner! I am such a car dependent American, that I never even thought of that. Duh!

Godfrey will be making it to Starthistle sometime Friday. Wish we were too!

We'll share more details after a bit. Lots going on for that amazing young man! :-)

Did I mention that we've been doing a lot more than teaching him paragliding?!? ;-)

Pic of the 30' high waterfall that we rappelled down, hiked back up, and then proceeded to jump off. The sound of his laughter in the canyon was amazing! :-)
(Not bad for a guy that didn't yet know how to swim!) We eventually went over a 70' (?) high fall, but no jumping that time!

Brad

See you up there,

Brad and Maren
Your 'Couple' of Instructors
www.DiscoverParagliding.com
503-861-2772 (W) 503-440-0733 (c)

Jay Z

Aug 28, 2014, 8:46:09 PM8/28/14
to 'Mark Sanzone' via Cascade Paragliding Club
Hi mark:  it sounds like you're coming to Starthistle.  I have cole with me.  Any interest in doing a tandem?

Jay Zollinger