Oceanside today report and Newberg tomorrow

Rick

Mar 22, 2017, 11:51:10 PM3/22/17
to Cascade Paragliding Club
Four hangs (Ray B , Mark A, Steve S and myself) flew Oceanside today. I was up for 2.5 hrs and topped 1800ft AGL.  The rain ended around 1:00pm and wind was blowing 15mph west with even stronger gusts at launch. I launched at 2pm and got up right away. The lifts were smooth and abundant so I boated a lot from Happy Camp to Oceanside. Conditions mellowed out around 4pm.

Newberg looks good tomorrow. I might go fly Newberg instead of Cliffside 3K west launch and Bingen. Anyone want to go?
Rick

Rick

Mar 23, 2017, 2:00:49 AM3/23/17
to rick...@gmail.com, Cascade Paragliding Club
If forecast looks good in the morning, I'll most likely go fly Chehalem tomorrow (Thursday). Simon,  I can pick you up at West Linn if you need a ride.  Lets confirm in the morning.

Four hangs (Ray B , Mark A, Steve S and myself) flew Oceanside today. I was up for 2.5 hrs and topped 1800ft AGL.  The rain ended around 1:00pm and wind was blowing 15mph west with even stronger gusts at launch. I launched at 2pm and got up right away. The lifts were smooth and abundant so I boated a lot from Happy Camp to Oceanside. Conditions mellowed out around 4pm.

Newberg looks good tomorrow. I might go fly Newberg instead of Cliffside 3K west launch and Bingen. Anyone want to go?
Rick

Sim-sim passenger

Mar 23, 2017, 11:37:21 AM3/23/17
to Cascade Paragliding Club
Thanks a lot Rick but I not available unfortunately today. Have good flights.