Cliffside weather station back online and improved

瀏覽次數:32 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Michael Cook

未讀,
2019年9月13日 上午11:20:192019/9/13
收件者:Cascade Paragliding Club
So Travis and I battled the wasp nest into submission and made some improvements to the station that I am hoping will vastly improve consistency.

There is a new wind direction vane so that problem is solved. The direction may be a few degrees off until I finish tweaking the correction factor on that but it is close enough for what we do.

The radio signal has been tweaked and the antenna relocated so now we are getting a solid, consistent signal out which means it's hitting the repeaters almost every time. That means 5 minute (max allowed on APRS) updates. We do miss every now and again due to other traffic on the freq but it's been pretty reliable.

We put in cooling fans. It turns out that the big drop outs were due to overheating inside the box. I don't know how effective the fans will be - we will just have to see. If the two fans installed are not enough I have another step we can take beyond that.

It has been renamed to BAMBAM.

Here are the links:

The Display Screen;

Wind Only

APRS site

It does show up on WindAlert (still called CSWX) but not on NOAA just yet - it will have to pass QA testing over 26 days and I need to get the wind direction tweaked for that. Again, let me know if we see problems. My goal is to get this thing solid as a bit of an ode to Jon since he kinda started the whole project with the donated WX station.

Michael Cook

未讀,
2019年9月15日 下午2:59:302019/9/15
收件者:Cascade Paragliding Club
Errr, ummmm, it appears that while resetting everything I set the anemometer to the wrong type and it's reading really high. I'll fix it this week.

Travis Potter

未讀,
2019年9月15日 下午3:03:302019/9/15
收件者:Mike Cook、Cascade Paragliding Club
I dunno man, it nukes wind right through there. It could be reading ok.

On Sun, Sep 15, 2019, 11:59 Michael Cook <groov...@gmail.com> wrote:
Errr, ummmm, it appears that while resetting everything I set the anemometer to the wrong type and it's  reading really high. I'll fix it this week.

回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄
0 則新訊息