Fwd: October Air Cape Lookout Report to CPC

John Kraske

Oct 10, 2018, 4:56:17 PM10/10/18
to club list serve
Attached is my flt report from last Saturday at CLO

Oct 11, 2018, 4:33:18 PM10/11/18
to Cascade Paragliding Club
Great write up John, thanks. The only reason I wasn't flying too was because I was talking too much and I'm slow to set up. I was, like pretty much everyone else on launch, totally surprised at how the sock flipped from pretty consistently straight in, to straight out and just as strong, in an instant.
Glad you all landed okay.
After the fact I checked the MM5, and saw it was very north, except for a narrow band near surface, and very stable. I will check for and avoid those conditions at CLO in the future.
make_sounding.gif

Mark Sanzone

Oct 13, 2018, 12:22:28 PM10/13/18
to alfle...@gmail.com, Cascade Paragliding Club
Thanks for adding the launch observations.  This write up is an important reminder that conditions can change fast and we can never let our guard down.