Friday

Mark Sanzone

Apr 17, 2014, 6:07:49 PM4/17/14
to Cascade Paragliding Club, Christof Diettrich
Looking to fly.  Bingen will likely blow out.  Maybe CLO in the late afternoon?
Other ideas?
Mark

ERiC MiLLER

Apr 17, 2014, 8:31:25 PM4/17/14
to msan...@yahoo.com, Cascade Paragliding Club, Christof Diettrich
Light winds and a good lapse in the valley.  Seems like a good day for XC!  MM5 shows a little N and XC skies shows a little NE in it which points to Kutch but it looks so light I bet we could get up at Chehalem or Peterson Butte and head South! Obviously I wanna try to go somewhere :-)
ERiC M

Stan Mordensky

Apr 17, 2014, 8:56:13 PM4/17/14
to ericm...@gmail.com, Cascade Paragliding Club
I don't know if I believe this ne pb business, but I'd be down to give it a try. I can be there as early as 11.

David Cantrell

Apr 17, 2014, 9:03:41 PM4/17/14
to msan...@yahoo.com, Cascade Paragliding Club, Christof Diettrich
Taking Friday off work, able to fly.

Kutch: MM5 shows +3.0Kft, SE 0-5mph.  XcSkies: shows +3.5Kft, SE 0-5mph, 700ft/min lift.  So, pretty good.

Bingen: MM5 shows 10-15 W, +3Kft.   XcSkies: shows 4Kft, 700ft/min.  Possibly too strong winds though.
Bald Butte:  Similarly, possibly too strong winds.

Detroit Lake:  MM5 shows 6Kft, 0-5W.  XcSkies: shows 5-10WNW, -3TI to 5Kft, -2TI to +6Kft, 700ft/min.  Looks really fun.

My best guess from forecast is either Kutch or Detroit Lake.   First choice is Detroit Lake.  Water levels are low, so plenty of LZ by the lake.

Dave C.
Apr 17, 2014, 10:28:11 PM4/17/14
to daveca...@yahoo.com, msan...@yahoo.com, Cascade Paragliding Club, Christof Diettrich, ericm...@gmail.com
I was originally thinking coast (clo/kiwanda/sollie depending on what the wind is like upon arrival) but I would prefer Detroit Lake if people are going out there.  I can get an early start if there are more early risers.

Luke

Stan Mordensky

Apr 18, 2014, 10:23:49 AM4/18/14
to luke d, Dave Cantrell, Mark Sanzone, Cascade Paragliding Club, Christof Diettrich, Eric Miller
I'd also be interested in Detroit Lake. PB is no longer looking light. I've never flown Detroit. What time are people looking to get there?

Stan

dave_blizzard

Apr 18, 2014, 10:26:34 AM4/18/14
to cp...@googlegroups.com, Christof Diettrich, Mark Sanzone
Also looking to fly today.  Will check back after the 9:00 forecast update.

imj...@comcast.net

Apr 18, 2014, 12:07:42 PM4/18/14
to cp...@googlegroups.com
Friday morning forecast shows possibilities at both Sollie and Hoover with neither being outstanding but both showing some merit.  I’m thinking Sollie due to the shorter drive, better launch, and better chance for multiple flights.  Other thoughts?
Jim B.

dave_blizzard

Apr 18, 2014, 12:27:19 PM4/18/14
to cp...@googlegroups.com, Christof Diettrich, Mark Sanzone
I agree.  Anybody interested in car pooling from the Cornelius Rd. Fred Meyers?

imj...@comcast.net

Apr 18, 2014, 12:28:16 PM4/18/14
to cp...@googlegroups.com
No response.   I’ve decided not to head to either.

Jim

Stan Mordensky

Apr 18, 2014, 12:31:09 PM4/18/14
to Jim Baldo, Cascade Paragliding Club
I'm going to opt out as well.

On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 9:28 AM, <imj...@comcast.net> wrote:
No response.   I’ve decided not to head to either.

Jim

Jay Z

Apr 18, 2014, 12:34:36 PM4/18/14
to imj...@comcast.net, cp...@googlegroups.com

I need to head the other way today and may give Bingen a shot this afternoon.  If it blows out, a hike in the (partial) sun would be nice.

skf...@effectnet.com

Apr 18, 2014, 12:34:27 PM4/18/14
to imj...@comcast.net, Cascade Paragliding Club
Rain Saturday so a bit prefrontal. Looks like too much west wind for Hoover. If I was home I would try Elk rock early (could be strong west later ) or go to Angora  early and try and find an upper launch which would probably double the hike.  A bold move might be Hebo or Kutch. Sollie seems reasonable.

SF

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE exclusively from Sprint

Friday morning forecast shows possibilities at both Sollie and Hoover with neither being outstanding but both showing some merit.  I’m thinking Sollie due to the shorter drive, better launch, and better chance for multiple flights.  Other thoughts?
Jim B.

dave_blizzard

Apr 18, 2014, 12:36:16 PM4/18/14
to cp...@googlegroups.com, Jim Baldo
Meeting Mark and Luke and Cornelius Rd. at 10:30.