Gregg Mcmurtrie

Dirk Larson

Sep 13, 2017, 4:54:42 PM9/13/17
to CPC (Cascade Paragliding Club)
Flying family,

After not hearing from Gregg for sometime, this morning Dave Blizzard and company went to check on him and found him deceased. This was not a paragliding related incident and at this time the cause is not known.

My heart is heavy from this news. I considered Gregg a friend and will miss him dearly.

Rest In Peace, Gregg.

Dirk Larson
CPC President

Sent from my smartphone

David Le

Sep 13, 2017, 4:59:32 PM9/13/17
to Dirk Larson, 'David Le' via Cascade Paragliding Club
I'm numb....I will miss flying and your friendship Gregg. Rest in peace my friend!

Rick

Sep 13, 2017, 8:37:25 PM9/13/17
to dirkl...@gmail.com, CPC (Cascade Paragliding Club)
I can't believe that I'm reading this . My condolences to the family and friends of Gregg. It was just recently that l had lunch and a pleasant conversation with him.  I'll sure miss his presence. RIP Gregg!

Video and pic of Gregg  (0:16 to 0:38 second)

Sep 13, 2017, 8:40:54 PM9/13/17
to Rick Lai, dirkl...@gmail.com, CPC (Cascade Paragliding Club)
Aww man.... thank you for the update. I will very much miss seeing Gregg.

Oleg S

Sep 14, 2017, 3:12:52 PM9/14/17
to CPC (Cascade Paragliding Club)
Yesterday, I was looking at the long-term forecast and when I saw the temperatures lowering, I thought, "The new paragliding season is about to start!"
And I thought of Gregg, of flying with him in the new season.
And then this message...
I am speechless.

Wendy Schuss

Sep 15, 2017, 11:27:39 AM9/15/17
to Cascade Paragliding Club
I'm in shock... and super saddened. I loved Greg.. Saw this only a couple minutes ago....

I know he was struggling, but he always did it with a smile. He was an excellent human.

Fair winds, friend... see you on the other side.

Dirk Larson

Sep 15, 2017, 1:25:44 PM9/15/17
to chivr...@gmail.com, Cascade Paragliding Club
I share your sentiments, Wendy.

For those of you curious about the cause I just found out that Gregg died of unspecified natural causes.

Best,

Dirk Larson
President | Cascade Paragliding Club

Mark Sanzone

Sep 15, 2017, 11:03:09 PM9/15/17
to dirkl...@gmail.com, chivr...@gmail.com, Cascade Paragliding Club
It is natural to want to know why.  Some things we do know.
1. Gregg was taking pills for Hep-C and was having issues with side effects.
2. He was dealing with elevated blood pressure.
Weather or not this was the cause is speculation.  There was no autopsy performed.

Regardless, he is gone and I will miss him. There will forever be a void in the
"Chehalem crew" without him and John.

Mark