oceanside today?

JJ

Mar 18, 2018, 12:25:04 PM3/18/18
to Cascade Paragliding Club
A buddy and I are headed to oceanside today....hoping to get some.

rick...@gmail.com

Mar 18, 2018, 12:25:58 PM3/18/18
to linestr...@gmail.com, Cascade Paragliding Club
ETA around  noon for me. High tide at 220. Best time to fly from 3 to sunset.

On Sun, Mar 18, 2018 at 9:25 AM, JJ
A buddy and I are headed to oceanside today....hoping to get some.

John Kraske

Mar 18, 2018, 11:03:19 PM3/18/18
to rick...@gmail.com, linestr...@gmail.com, Cascade Paragliding Club

The hangs had been up for awhile.  I tried launching from Rosanna’s but the wind was just a little too cross.  Waited around until after high tide then went to Superman to check it out.  It was straight in with enough velocity.  Launching was like buttermilk and I was lifted off the top of the dune as soon as I turned.  Made a few passes over Superman and worked the knob above Happy Camp.  Headed towards Maxwell with lift all the way.  At Maxwell launch level I had to engage speed bar to penertrate.  Made it back to Happy Camp and worked the upper knob again but noticed not quite as much lift as my first go around.  Headed back to Oceanside and found my north bound course was fast and not a lot of lift on the way.  Seems the SSW was clocking around to more south.  It was fun.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10