Chehalem Flight report

dave_blizzard

Oct 27, 2014, 8:18:18 PM10/27/14
to cp...@googlegroups.com
Several pilots flew today including Luke D., Vince P, John K, Rob S, and me.  Not much lift so nobody got very high - but it was working.  Vince and Luke both had good long flights.

johnk...@gmail.com

Oct 28, 2014, 11:22:40 AM10/28/14
to 'Mark Sanzone <msanzone@yahoo.com>' via Cascade Paragliding Club, Dave blizzard
My 2nd flight, after Dave and I hustled back to launch - no shuttle vehicle in the lz, I sunk like a rock while Vince, Luke and Rob worked the light lift.  I had to bail in one of the cow/horse void field east of the road.  Didn’t want to, but had no other options.  I was sure I’d heard that the owners were anti-paraglider.  At least I choose an animal free field.  When I saw the owner saddle up his green 4-wheeler and head my way I was thinking, “oh shit, I’m in for it now…”  Wrong.  There’s a new owner.  The young father and his son, Grayson came to give me a ride and ply me with all the right questions about paragliding.  I think the dad’s name was Roy or Ray, my bad; I’m that way about names sometimes.  Not only did they transport me out of their fields, but loaded me up in a pickup truck and transported me to launch.  Shuttle problem solved.

A ride for a ride:  I offered to fly the owner and his family tandem.  Maybe we could get several of us to do that.  I’m thinking perhaps we could even band together in a community effort and come up with some used equipment.  I’d be willing to give him lessons.  Perhaps we could all work together and get him rated. Or am I being too idealistic?  What a positive it would be to have a local landowner as a CPC member/pilot.  Just my thoughts….

Sent from Windows Mail