Tandem flight for tomorrow?

Doug P

Apr 23, 2014, 12:33:06 PM4/23/14
to cp...@googlegroups.com
I was hoping to do a tandem flight for someone who is retiring this week... he is up here from Phoenix and I was trying with Kelly today, but obviously the weather did not work for us today.  Tomorrow does not look a lot better either!!!  Kelly is unable due to his work.  BUT, just thought I would ask the weather experts if they see any possible site that we could do a tandem tomorrow.

Hope to see many of you this weekend at Oceanside.... can't wait!!!  :)

David Cantrell

Apr 23, 2014, 2:25:15 PM4/23/14
to doug...@resers.com, cp...@googlegroups.com
Doug, welcome back from the East Coast.

The current forecasts are so volatile right now. Could be because of the jetstream pushing through until Saturday, causing post/pre-frontal conditions.

For example, currently the soaring potential looks really good for Friday at Oceanside. But by this afternoon, the forecast will most likely change, making Friday not safe.

I am optimistic the weather will be favorble for the Oceanside Open (on Saturday).  The bad weather forecasts keep pushing forward and the timing looks like a sunny moderate wind day will hit on Saturday.

Dave (Mr. Optimistic)

Douglas Peck

Apr 23, 2014, 3:06:24 PM4/23/14
to cp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dave!!!!  It is SO ugly right now... bummer for my guy retiring... he is from Phoenix and was hoping to get him a tandem :(  Kimi is coming tonight... we are heading to Oceanside Friday morning.  See you down there!!