Silver Star Flight report

mcoppock

Apr 6, 2021, 11:06:07 PM4/6/21
to Cascade Paragliding Club

Interesting aerology indeed.  Dead calm until 2 pm, then very light thermal activity with big gaps between cycles.  No eagles or crows flying.  Inversion top around 5200’ where it was a wild rodeo.  Stunning views and a lucky thermal find made for an interesting day.  Will send access report info separately.

Cheers,

Michael

https://ayvri.com/scene/gdkzp9gl5z/ckn6us9vu00013b6hw13vj21x

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Steve Forslund

Apr 7, 2021, 1:47:43 PM4/7/21
to mcopp...@gmail.com, Cascade Paragliding Club

 Flat calm, dead calm is way too ominous

SF

Luke

Apr 7, 2021, 11:20:39 PM4/7/21
to mcopp...@gmail.com, Cascade Paragliding Club

Thanks as always for the thoughtful updates and nice to live the flight vicariously through you and the ayvri file. I hope to get up there when the wildflowers awaken.   I wonder how many people are using this site (AYVRI) to view flights.  It seems like a decent way to learn some characteristics of flying sites and is fun to watch.  The overall view seems a little cleaner than a track overlayed onto google earth.  I thought I remembered some chatter of other apps that are similar.  Seems like an interesting enough topic for those of us that may not be flying this week 😊

Luke Danielson

Serge Romano

Apr 7, 2021, 11:37:48 PM4/7/21
to lukewda...@gmail.com, Cascade Paragliding Club, mcopp...@gmail.com
Ayvri is indeed an awesome tool, especially when used in “multi-player” mode and you can relive and analyze the decision making process that went into a flight.