More parking and launches at Cliffside

Reed Gleason

Oct 25, 2016, 9:31:00 AM10/25/16
to Cascade Paragliding Club

I’m glad Cliffside is getting popular, but it seems the launch area can be a little crowded, and the existing parking is almost full.

There is a track going up the slope from the current parking area that an AWD can do.  When you get to the crest, there is a swale on the left for parking and setup, with a launch in front of the swale.  To the right, there is a steeper slope that goes to the top of the hill with a little room for parking and a small launch.

Let’s keep an eye on erosion, but start using those areas as desired.  The higher launch might be especially useful in light winds.

Reed Gleason

Oct 25, 2016, 10:33:14 AM10/25/16
to ree...@comcast.net, Cascade Paragliding Club

I forgot to say it’s also really great how some people are doing volunteer work to improve bring great improvements.