Re: CPC: Digest for cpcl@googlegroups.com - 8 updates in 2 topics

JK Stermitz

Jul 30, 2014, 5:40:50 PM7/30/14
to Cascade Paragliding Club
Just FYI.....Chelan Butte access road is closed to fire danger.  No one can drive up.

On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 9:25 PM, <cp...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Group: http://groups.google.com/group/cpcl/topics

    gabe <weownthe...@gmail.com> Jul 29 09:04AM -0700

    I am going tomorder a new vario soon, and had decided on the flymaster nav sd but I'm curious if there's any new offerings out there to look at? Seems like people like the skytraxx2.0, and digifly has a new offering called air. Features I'm interested are preloaded airspaces, height over ground display, ground speed, wind speed and direction, thermal marking, and barograph for climb/sink.

    gabe <weownthe...@gmail.com> Jul 29 09:05AM -0700

    Oh ya I also prefer USB charging and good batt life

    Owen Shoemaker <oshoe...@gmail.com> Jul 29 10:43AM -0700

    There is the new flytec 7030 coming out soon:

    http://www.flytec.com/7030.html

    There is also the c-pilot evo:

    http://www.compass-italy.com/en/products/c-pilot-pro-en

    The digifly air looks promising. There are a number of things that I don’t like about the flymaster nav but the fact it doesn’t do optimized path to waipoint from your position bothers me the most. They have recently added CESS and MCReedy function but a number of bugs persist.

    The digifly air with a tablet running XCSoar may be a winning combo as you can tether the tablet to the air and push the telemetry data over bluetooth.

    - Owen

    Mike Steed <steed...@hotmail.com> Jul 29 10:46AM -0700

    The Flytec 7030 is being redesigned, no release date known yet as of the current issue of Cross Country. The new owner of Flytec was "not sufficiently delighted".

    Owen Shoemaker <oshoe...@gmail.com> Jul 29 11:04AM -0700

    Well I guess I won’t be holding out for that one then… thanks.

    - Owen

    "johnk...@gmail.com" <johnk...@gmail.com> Jul 29 11:14AM -0700

    That would be the Naviter Oudie 3.

    Talk to Shawn MacCleod...hes loving his

    Sent from my Sprint phone.

    Oh ya I also prefer USB charging and good batt life

    gabe <weownthe...@gmail.com> Jul 29 01:59PM -0700

    I wish there was a way to play with these expensive instruments before purchase.