Longswords LZ is closed to landings in the Applegate valley at Woodrat.

Sam C sundog

Jul 19, 2019, 2:27:11 AM7/19/19
to Cascade Paragliding Club

Hello all,

Please see below. The LongSword LZ is now closed until further notice.

From Matt:

"Tuesday afternoon, I entered my Tasting Room to be treated to an extremely raucous and bawdy group of pilots apparently intending to enjoy a post-flight Bacchanal. The noise level was so loud we could not talk to our customers. Apparently, the pilot community doesn't understand what appropriate behavior is at a winery tasting room. And just as apparently, do not understand just how perilously close they are to permanently losing LongSword Vineyard as a landing zone. And since I have reached my level of tolerance for this nonsense, the LZ at LongSword Vineyard in now closed until I deem otherwise.

That means no landing and no parking on my property."

Exceptions to this closure include:

Tandem Pilots

Pilots who are Wine Club Members

It's very unfortunate it's come to this, but both Matt and I have been pushed beyond breaking point with the chaos, disrespect, and ungrateful attitudes displayed by many of the pilots.

Kate & Matt