Gear Secondo - Cozy Cloud raised 1 M$ To Change The World of Personal Data

Frank Rousseau

Jun 5, 2014, 7:49:35 AM6/5/14
to cozy-...@googlegroups.com
Today is a great day for Cozy. We are very proud to announce that Cozy Cloud raised 1 million dollars to change the world of Personal Data.

We raised money from a big French fund called Innovacom and from a business angel club named Seed4Soft composed of top French Entrepreneurs from the IT Business (Exalead, RunMyProcess, OODrive, etc.). This investment will allow us to accelerate by growing our team. It will also enable us to build new offers with our partners. Moreover, Innovacom and the angels will provide us with mentorship and will open their network for the project.

How does a FOSS project raised so much money?

We did it with a simple punchline: We want to become the Android of the personal boxes. With boxes, we mean NAS, VPS, ISP boxes, Home Automation boxes, digital lockers, etc.

Today, most of companies are threatened by Google/Apple/Amazon/Facebook. GAFA are conquering every fields and offer much more services around personal data than any other can do.

Hardware/box manufacturers, hosting providers, internet service providersn, banks, etc. can’t provide as many services as a Google product can do. So, having the capability to augment their device with a rich and open eco-system of applications around users data caught their interests. This mutual interest is one of the reason that we are building partnerships with them.

ISPs and Hosting providers are joining forces with hackers to compete with big cloud companies. As you might guess, there are big expectations on the Cozy project. We are determined to do our best to fulfill them.

With a growing community of users and contributors, investors and partners, we are now not alone any more to build a better a web.

Thank you all for your support. You trust in the project at a very early stage. That gave us a lot of motivation.

The Cozy Team

Matt J. Sorenson

Jun 6, 2014, 10:11:34 AM6/6/14
to cozy-...@googlegroups.com
That's simply awesome! Congrats and kudos to everyone who is making it happen!

James Mills

Jun 6, 2014, 10:32:32 AM6/6/14
to cozy-...@googlegroups.com
Congrats!

cheers
James

Terrycloth

Jun 7, 2014, 5:47:59 PM6/7/14
to cozy-...@googlegroups.com
This is great! I'm excited for you guys, and I look forward to seeing Cozy grow.

damien pernez

Jun 11, 2014, 6:15:39 AM6/11/14
to cozy-...@googlegroups.com
Bonjour,

Nous organisons notre première réunion sur le VRM le 17 juin.

Cela nous ferait plaisir de vous compter parmi les participants.

Tektos nous fait l'amabilité de nous accueillir dans ses locaux parisiens pour ce premier Meetup.
Par ailleurs, nous recherchons un ou deux autres sponsors pour nous aider à développer le groupe et organiser les prochaines réunions.

La société Cozy Cloud serait-elle intéressée pour nous parrainer ?

Très cordialement,
Damien PERNEZ
tel 06-99-27-31-16