[Cozy Cloud] Error after an upgrade

Nicolas Delebecque

Jun 26, 2014, 5:57:58 AM6/26/14
to cozy-...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

I updated cozy cloud on my Pi last night and it didn't go well. I ued the following commands:

# Controller update
sudo /etc/init.d/cozy-controller stop
sudo pkill -9 node
sudo npm -g update cozy-controller
sudo /etc/init.d/cozy-controller start

The controller update worked fine but, now when I log in, the page display this :

Cozy Data System
revision: 1f3599378f61cfa0056ef6398da06e053b09cae9
tag: v1.0.12
branch: master

Does somebody have an idea ?

Thanks

-- nico(las)del

Pierre Rousseau

Jun 26, 2014, 7:07:56 AM6/26/14
to cozy-...@googlegroups.com
what was the previous version ?

Nicolas Delebecque

Jun 26, 2014, 10:10:15 AM6/26/14
to cozy-...@googlegroups.com
Hum, don't have a record of that. Any log I could check to find out ?

Pierre Rousseau

Jun 26, 2014, 11:15:31 AM6/26/14
to cozy-...@googlegroups.com
i dont know, but they changed the nodejs version they use "recently", so it would be something to check

Nicolas Delebecque

Jun 30, 2014, 5:31:36 AM6/30/14
to cozy-...@googlegroups.com
Hello again,

I am gointg to reinstall from scratch. Is there any way to back/restore Notes? I had some stuff I would like to get back in the Notes I had before trying to upgrade.

Regards

--nico(las)del

Joseph Silvestre

Jun 30, 2014, 9:07:14 AM6/30/14
to cozy-...@googlegroups.com
Hello Nicolas,

There is no such feature right now :-/ The best way to save your notes is to copy and paste them somewhere else and then recreate them.
You can still play with CouchDB if you host your Cozy yourself.

Sorry for the inconvenience, we hope that you will be able to reinstall your Cozy. I'd also like to apologize for the lack of support from our side regarding your issues, I've seen an email without noticing it was not someone from our team. Let us know if anything goes wrong again and we will carefully help you.

Cheers,
Joseph.

Frank Rousseau

Jun 30, 2014, 9:15:35 AM6/30/14
to cozy-...@googlegroups.com
Another option is that you backup your whole Cozy in a CouchDB instance.

With the following command you can replicate your data with the following command (target is the URL of the CouchDB instance) :
cozy-monitor backup [target]
Where do you want to save your data ? On the same computer or on a distant one?

Regards,

Frank
--
Frank Rousseau
skype: frank.rousseau.cozy

Nicolas Delebecque

Jun 30, 2014, 10:12:47 AM6/30/14
to cozy-...@googlegroups.com
Hello Franck,

Honestly as my Cozy is quite broken right now , I am going to erase it. I justy wanted to retreive som infos I had written in  some notes. I'll check what can be extracted from CouchDB.

thanks

--nico(las)del

Nicolas Delebecque

Jun 30, 2014, 10:12:55 AM6/30/14
to cozy-...@googlegroups.com
No worries Joseph,

As my cozy is on a Rasberry Pi at home, I can "play" with it. But I played a bit to much and now need to reinstall it as it does not start anymore.

I will look at CouchDB and ways to extract data from it.

--nico(las)del