Coworking Day August, 2016

Doris Schuppe

Jul 26, 2016, 6:57:23 AM7/26/16
to Coworking

International CoworkingDay is around the corner!

Let's gather inspirations for the upcoming CoworkingDay in August*

  • What are you planning to do to celebrate coworking on that day?
  • What worked well last year?
  • Are you teaming up with coworking spaces in your city/region?
  • Do you plan sth. like a fair with your regular coworkers?
  • ...
Let's share!

*speaking of 'upcoming': is it the 9th, the Friday before (5th) or Friday after (12th)? I feel a bit confused reading so many different dates labeled CoworkingDay :)

Regards from Mallorca, Doris

Erzhan Torekulov

Jul 26, 2016, 7:48:55 AM7/26/16
to Coworking
Greetings! I support your initiative! And moreover I offer to brainstorm involving coworking experts from around the world on the topic "How to spend a International CoworkingDay?"
To do this I need an initiative from the other coworking and pre-date online meeting

Sincerely, Yerzhan Terekulov

Gretchen Bilbro

Jul 26, 2016, 3:31:18 PM7/26/16
to Coworking
We are celebrating all week by having open coworking all week, a marketing class, networking event and then that Friday coincides with our downtown's art crawl. So basically I am trying to just have a week full of events that are free and open to the community.

Gretchen
Cultivate Coworking

Aloma Loren

Jul 26, 2016, 3:51:27 PM7/26/16
to Coworking
Hello,

We love to use this week to bring awareness to coworking, collaborate with the other spaces in our city and provide a week full of events and free coworking so people can try it out. One of our space owners in town has a three seat bike that he calls the co-cycle, last year he gave tours around the different coworking spaces. We also have workshops on different topics, evening events (party!) and free coffee and coworking. We also created some stickers that say "Ask me about coworking" that we're going to hand out to members to wear during the week to hopefully spread some awareness!

Here's our flyer for this year. We also put out a press release.

Doris Schuppe

Aug 5, 2016, 12:54:09 PM8/5/16
to Coworking
We asked our coworking community what they would like to do to celebrate coworking. For this we presented and discussed some ideas and options. In the end they went for the book sharing event. As we are located in a touristic area (Mallorca) August is a busy time, people rent parts of their houses to travelers or do additional jobs at restaurants e.g. That means people are not too open to many events during the week. We will have free coworking on Friday, 12th plus a book swap networking from 6pm to 8pm.
If you like to be inspired have a look at our blog entry regarding International Coworking Day (German/English)
https://www.rayaworx.eu/blog/post/coworkingday-book-swap-networking
Regards from Mallorca,
doris