Beer supply in hubs

Tom Lewis

May 19, 2015, 8:57:53 AM5/19/15
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
This is a question which has been bugging me ever since I got back from NYC a few months back.  I noticed during a tour of hubs over there that some had beer taps on counter tops in kitchen areas (including NWC I think?).  I've asked around and looked at products  back here in the UK and the equipment and installation required to do the same over here seems insanely complex and expensive.  I'd be really interested to know how you guys have done it, and whether I'm missing a trick as it's a feature our members would love if we could make it work.

Cheers

Tom

Kelly Fitzgerald

May 19, 2015, 10:04:41 AM5/19/15
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
It really depends on how you do it. We have a beer tap, but use a kegerator (similar to something like THIS). It's a simple set up (and inexpensive), but it does have to be cleaned regularly. We work with a local company who comes to clean it 2-3 times/month and takes care of any other maintenance. Hope that helps.

Kelly

Alex Hillman

May 19, 2015, 10:38:44 AM5/19/15
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
If you look at restaurant supplies and suppliers, it's expensive. But if you look at homebrew suppliers and clubs, you can find gear as well as people who are excited to install/support the rig as Kelly says. I love our local homebrew club, they're fun, friendly tinker-ers in a lot of ways and really embody a lot of the DIY spirit of coworking.

Homebrew clubs are CRAZY popular in the states - but a quick Google search seems to show increasing popularity in the UK too! That's where I'd start looking.

-Alex
---

------------------
The #1 mistake in community building is doing it by yourself.

Tom Lewis

May 27, 2015, 4:13:32 AM5/27/15
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
Thanks all- I'm now looking into both the kegerator option, and the homebrew approach- if nothing else they're a great idea for a Cake Wednesday talk (our weekly mid afternoon get together)

Glen Ferguson

May 27, 2015, 9:57:13 AM5/27/15
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
Here's a refrigerator conversion kit for your consideration. The rather silly website name (mrfizz.com) is their eComm site; they're really a commercial/industrial supply company. We've been using them for CO2 and seltzer bottles for a few years now.

Glen Ferguson
Phone: 301-732-5165
Address: 122 E Patrick St, Frederick, MD 21701

Tom Lewis

Jun 1, 2015, 10:55:50 AM6/1/15
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
That kit looks great, we're looking into it as an option!  Thanks

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Coworking" group.

Regards

Tom Lewis

Cowork Inc
We design, build and operate coworking spaces
Based at: The Guild Coworking Hub Bath BA1 5EB
Wired: 01225 583222
Wireless: 07920 584658