Printing - Cloud Solution?

TatjanaRose

Jan 12, 2016, 8:23:19 AM1/12/16
to Coworking
Hello, I manage The Guild in Bath, which has been running for over 2yrs now. The space is working really well, with us now operating a waiting list for membership, however, one aspect we have always struggled with is printing. When we opened we started leasing a printer from a local company, but we soon discovered that our members who used Mac (majority) were experiencing real difficulties with finding and downloading the drivers. This meant our Front of House was having to spend a significant amount of their time either trying to set the printer up for the members, or printing for  them.

We recently came across ezeep and we think this could be a great solution for us.

Have any of you used this service or something similar? if so how did you find the set-up and the day to day management?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, as we really want to get this right!

Jerome Chang

Jan 12, 2016, 8:45:29 AM1/12/16
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
I’m surprised they’re still up and running.
The last I heard (last February) they were shutting down.
At minimum, they dropped support for macs.

We manually install drivers. :-( Macs are relatively easy. Windows, especially in their many variations of operating systems, nearly kill us.
---

TatjanaRose

Jan 13, 2016, 6:45:19 AM1/13/16
to Coworking
Hi Jerome,

Thanks for the response - that's surprising and certainly helpful to hear! I'll double check that they support macs as that is really key for us!
Guess everyone has battles with certain printers/drivers and operating systems :(

Tatjana

Brian Crotty

Jan 13, 2016, 9:18:11 AM1/13/16
to Coworking
Ezeep got purchase by another company (ThinPrint) and they are working on improving the whole system.  The existing platform is also still running so I assume they are also  taking on new customers.  Some other spaces we know also use PaperCut (one-time fee to create a print server in your space).

Brian

Jeff Warner

Jan 20, 2016, 2:06:45 PM1/20/16
to Coworking
Jerome we were working with ezeep when they got purchased by ThinPrint - we are currently in a trial period using their service in 3 of our 15 locations.  There have been hiccups but i think we are going to enter into a one-year contract with them.

Jeff Warner

Jerome Chang

Jan 20, 2016, 2:25:34 PM1/20/16
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
Cool. Clarification: is the 1-year contract with the ezeep product of another ThinPrint item?

If ezeep, how has it worked for your clients with Macs?

Jerome

Craig Baute - Creative Density Coworking

Jan 26, 2016, 6:20:44 PM1/26/16
to Coworking
We connected our printer to Google Cloud Print and it's been working out fairly well for us. We still have some hiccups but we also have an email address for our printer so people can just email their files to it and it will print.

Jerome Chang

Jan 26, 2016, 6:33:16 PM1/26/16
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
Clarification: Google Cloud Print does not track # of prints, etc. Right?

Craig Baute - Creative Density Coworking

Jan 27, 2016, 11:52:00 AM1/27/16
to Coworking
You can set print limits for individuals.

Jeff Warner

Jan 27, 2016, 1:37:59 PM1/27/16
to Coworking
Jerome - ezeep.  We looked at the other ThinPrint options and they were more corporate solutions that didn't provide all the flexibility and reporting that ezeep gives us.  I don't have any personal experience with Macs as it relates to our trial, but I'm not aware of them being any more buggy than Windows machines.  I've put a question in to my team and will let you know if thee is anything worthy of mention in that regard.

Jay Smith

Feb 3, 2016, 12:24:29 PM2/3/16
to Coworking
Hello, I'm the IT Manager for our company, we use mainly Sharp MFP's in our space, and these machines (as well as others) have the ability to print by User number only. When Sharp releases a new printer, they also release the Mac/PC and linux printer drivers. They don't work for tablets, and smart phones, that's the one down side. But for lap tops and desktops, they work just fine. This then allows the center coordinator to pull a report from the printer at the end of the month, and simply upload that CSV straight in to our Coworking Software and that automatically add's the printing/Scanning/Faxing/Copying charges to their monthly invoice. (That get auto billed on the first of the month)

We setup a URL that has the printer drivers on them, and our members can self install with the help of a 1 page printer driver install guide we created.
We have been doing this for the last 5 years, in 5 different locations. Seems to work perfectly.

Trevor Townsend

Dec 7, 2018, 11:12:04 AM12/7/18
to Coworking
I'm also looking at ezeep - it integrates with my Office R&D membership management system along with SaltoKS and IronWifi.
I'll let you know what I discover once it's been deployed.

Best,
Trevor

Jared Dean

Jan 9, 2019, 9:57:53 AM1/9/19
to Coworking
Hello all -

We've been battling with EZEEP for months now.  We launched a co-work space Jan 2nd.

1 - they claim it can't print B&W from Mac
2 - if we Command P instead of drop into the online print website - sometimes misc brochures or documents come out as 437 pages of code rather than the document itself.

Is EZEEP worth pursuing at this point?  Tech Support seems lackluster at best.  Is there anything else out there to Cloud Print AND charge members per page?

thanks! #fedup

pmeye...@gmail.com

Jan 20, 2019, 2:53:10 PM1/20/19
to Coworking
Hi all,

We use Papercut integrated with Nexudus for printing and our Mac users also have issues. First it was getting the drivers on their systems, now it's that they can't print 11x17. We think it's a driver issue, too, but haven't fully resolved it. It's a major source of frustration for the members who tend to be architects and designers whose work demands this basic functionality.  We end up having to print for them and not fully resolving the issue - not a satisfying outcome. We were considering switching to Ezeep, but it sounds like it's just as wonky. Frustrating!!!  Thanks, Pam

Joshua Webb

Jan 20, 2019, 3:23:04 PM1/20/19
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
Ezeep is no better with mac's or just general issues with PCs either for that matter. We have resulted to using a code system provided by our copier manufacturer and run reports. Yeah it sucks but at least the hard part is on us not the members

Joshua Webb
Founder, Coach, International Speaker
Jos...@Growthli.com

844-455-GROW (4769)
https://growthli.com

Trevor Townsend

Jan 20, 2019, 3:50:20 PM1/20/19
to Coworking
 I have an ezeep test account and about so start integration testing with my Office RnD instance, so I'll let you know.

Does anyone have any ezeep success stories?

(Sent from mobile)

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Coworking" group.

Jared Dean

Jan 20, 2019, 4:05:50 PM1/20/19
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
We’ve had a heck of a time with Ezeep.

Our own company laptops can’t just print straight to printer anymore, you have to print through EZEEP.

Macs don’t pop up with a choice to print black and white so all macs have to print through the web portal (can’t just Com+P)

Took a while getting it all set up but now that we do, I THINK we’re good to go... and I guess we’ll just deal with the oddities.

How can no one have an amazing answer for this trackable cloud printing need?

Sent from my iPhone

Eric Haas

Jan 21, 2019, 8:53:32 AM1/21/19
to Coworking
Hey Tatjana, and coworking colleagues!

I have recently installed eZeep and integrated two printers on this facililty.
The big important advantage is that users no longer have to install (and update) drivers on their workkstations...
Plus eZeep offers a good reporting function, allowing me as the space manager to download csv files that allow for the appropriate management info and drilldowns.
I have experienced the eZeep team as quite dedicated and very supportive, helping me to get issues and problems solved.
Main reason I have chosen for eZeep over papercut is that one of my printers (a bit outdated but still brilliant) heavy Ricoh machine was no longer accessible for Mac computers.

From this month on we're gonna work with the eZeep in the workspace, but my first impression is good.
We can print from any device and from all locations, also remote.

Best regards!
Eric

ma...@deskcowork.co.uk

Jan 21, 2019, 8:53:33 AM1/21/19
to Coworking
This is all surprising as we don't have any issues with ezeep at all!

Maybe we got lucky with our printer/server/integration combo.

FYI our ezeep is integrated with OfficeRnD which seems to work a treat.

Mike Wokosin

Jan 21, 2019, 11:08:25 AM1/21/19
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone out there use PrintWithMe? Thoughts?

Best,
Mike

Gene Ward

Jan 21, 2019, 11:40:10 AM1/21/19
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
Eric,

Thanks for the confirmation on eZeep. We were getting ready to install to work with Nexudus at our site but I was hearing mixed reviews. It is good to hear something current and positive.

Gene Ward
Co-Founder and Director of Community Engagement

Jana Greer

Jan 21, 2019, 1:38:46 PM1/21/19
to Coworking
Has Ezeep issued an update to all types of printers to track copies as well?

Eric Haas

Jan 21, 2019, 2:12:07 PM1/21/19
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
Has Ezeep issued an update to all types of printers to track copies as well?
@Jana - don't know but to me this seems quite unlikely although I would love to have that done!!!

Virusvrij. www.avg.com

Op ma 21 jan. 2019 om 19:38 schreef Jana Greer <janag...@gmail.com>:
Has Ezeep issued an update to all types of printers to track copies as well?

Virusvrij. www.avg.com

Jana Greer

Jan 22, 2019, 10:49:45 AM1/22/19
to Coworking
Eric,

I believe it was launched with Xerox machines for testing.

Not sure when Konica Minolta and others would be in testing.

Not being able to track copies through ezeep which then feeds into Nexudus for billing made the value of it less for us as staff. We still had to pull the account track report and bill manually.

- Jana Greer

Craig Baute - Creative Density Coworking

Jan 22, 2019, 11:46:10 AM1/22/19
to Coworking
We have taken a MUCH simpler approach. Printing is free.

Before you announce that this a costly option, let me explain how we got to this point.

We use to have a traditional HP / Epson / you name it printer where ink cost $50 to $125 to replace every 1,000 to 2,000 pages, but quality usually diminished after 1,000 pages. This was not a horrible expense but it did cost around $80 a month.

WE SWITCHED to the Ecotank system by Epson. We replace ink every 6 months and it only cost $40 to replace with genuine ink.

You can add to the Wifi network, Epson to their own cloud, to Google Cloud, or to associated to an email address. With Google Cloud you don't need to install any printer drivers. It's all very simple.

The money you'll with Ezeep will be more than the cost of the ink. Plus, everyone is familiar with adding a simple printer driver. Yes, their are hiccups on some computers, but members understand.

Go free and your members will find even more value in your space. Adding barriers often adds more work than it's financial cost and emotional stress.

Jerome Chang

Jan 22, 2019, 12:07:23 PM1/22/19
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Craig. Very smart in looking at the end-to-end costs.
Some of us, gulp, lease those $300-$400/mo copier/printers, plus consumables like paper. So, I think in these cases, the economics dictate charging. :-/

JEROME CHANG

Santa Monica | DTLA

Pasadena
NOW OPEN: Larchmont
OPENING SOON: Irvine

Long Beach

Eric Haas

Jan 22, 2019, 1:02:26 PM1/22/19
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
Craig! et al

Thanks for raising your solution and that also crossed my mind.
However there are a couple of con's that came into mind during my brief evaluation:
- it might be wise to create a bit of a barrier for printing... no barrier (me as well!!) - will print much easier and without too much thought.... (reality experience)
- and if people print endlessly and for lots that chance of machines wearing out, standing still not operational is higher plus the maintenance costs will raise....

For the complete and big picture this should be taken into account as well!

Cheers,
Eric

Virusvrij. www.avg.com