New Member

Sharon Rice

Sep 19, 2016, 4:41:40 PM9/19/16
to Coworking
Hello Everyone! I'm new to this group so I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Sharon and I'm a social worker based in the Philadelphia area. I joined this group as I'm currently researching how to develop a coworking space that would assist survivors of human trafficking and sexual violence. This group was recommended to me by a colleague and I'm looking forward to learning from all of you as I develop my idea. I hope to also be able to share new resources as I discover them during my development phase. Thanks!

Tony Bacigalupo

Sep 19, 2016, 4:46:32 PM9/19/16
to coworking
Sharon, welcome! What a fantastic cause.

Coworking communities organized around a shared purpose are the best.

What are your plans so far as far as getting started goes?

Hope we can help point you in the right direction!

Cheers,

On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 2:27 PM, Sharon Rice <rice.s...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello Everyone! I'm new to this group so I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Sharon and I'm a social worker based in the Philadelphia area. I joined this group as I'm currently researching how to develop a coworking space that would assist survivors of human trafficking and sexual violence. This group was recommended to me by a colleague and I'm looking forward to learning from all of you as I develop my idea. I hope to also be able to share new resources as I discover them during my development phase. Thanks!

---

Joel Bennett- Veel Hoeden

Sep 19, 2016, 5:11:39 PM9/19/16
to cowo...@googlegroups.com
Sharon- Welcome to the group!  It was great to speak with you earlier today and I can tell you are very passionate about this idea.

Coworking Community- I know there have been others in this group that have utilized their communities to have significant social good, even to the point of making that a cornerstone of their mission.  I know Sharon would love to interact with many of you and learn from your successes and challenges.  Thanks in advance for (continuing) to extend a helping hand to those new to coworking!

Thanks & God Bless,

Joel Bennett
Veel Hoeden

Sharon Rice

Sep 19, 2016, 5:17:29 PM9/19/16
to Coworking
Hi Tony,

Thanks for the welcome! My plans right now are to: research the trafficking survivor community (discover what's being done currently), research how to develop a co-working space (business plan, numbers, etc), and create a prospectus that I can use to seek out partners and potential investors. Primarily I need to do the research on the community I'm seeking to serve to determine if a coworking model is feasible. It would be great to connect with folks who may have spaces with a social good mission tied into the model that could share steps, pitfalls and where they have had success in rallying support for the idea. With the research, I hope to build a community first and a space second--a recommendation from Joel Bennett (my colleague who recommended this group).

I've already begun to look through some of the posts in this group and on the websites listed as resources. I'm finding great stuff so far!

Thanks!

Sharon
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to coworking+...@googlegroups.com.

Caner Onoglu

Sep 19, 2016, 5:17:37 PM9/19/16
to cowo...@googlegroups.com

Hello Sharon, I don't think a coworking dedicated to a specific group (in your case sexual violance victims) is a good idea. Coworking is all about mixing different type of people: men, women, young, old, experienced and novice..interaction and communication is the key...instead of opening a dedicated coworking you may grant incentives (like free membership) to those in need to join already existing coworkings in their area.

I may be wrong, just my 2 cents.

On Sep 20, 2016 01:41, "Sharon Rice" <rice.s...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello Everyone! I'm new to this group so I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Sharon and I'm a social worker based in the Philadelphia area. I joined this group as I'm currently researching how to develop a coworking space that would assist survivors of human trafficking and sexual violence. This group was recommended to me by a colleague and I'm looking forward to learning from all of you as I develop my idea. I hope to also be able to share new resources as I discover them during my development phase. Thanks!

---

Sharon Rice

Sharon Rice

Sep 19, 2016, 5:21:38 PM9/19/16
to Coworking
Thank you, Joel for the connection and introduction!

And thanks in advance to the group for your anticipated support!

Sharon Rice

Sep 19, 2016, 5:39:41 PM9/19/16
to Coworking
Hi Caner,

Thanks for your feedback! My space wouldn't be dedicated to that community specifically. It would function as a place for that community to connect with a broader community. Your suggestion I'll take under consideration as I continue my research.

aa...@appmaude.com

Sep 19, 2016, 7:32:24 PM9/19/16
to Coworking
Hello peeps!  My name is Aaron Eng.  I'm an owner of a mobile app development company that has created a subscription based app solution for coworking spaces.  I also am working with an investor that is interested in setting up his own coworking space franchise, which is why I'm excited to join the group.  Looking forward to having some discussions with you guys!

Aaron Eng
App Maude, LLC