Example Coworking Membership Agreement

Elizabeth Barno

Sep 15, 2017, 11:38:46 AM9/15/17
to cowo...@googlegroups.com, Boston Coworking Alliance
Hi everyone,

Would anyone be willing to share your membership agreement as an example? I am working on a new coworking membership agreement and trying not to reinvent the wheel :)

Thank you!
Liz

--
Elizabeth Barno
Community Director

Solving the World's Biggest Energy & Environmental Challenges
Watch our video to learn more about us or follow us on TwitterFacebook & LinkedIn
28 Dane Street, Somerville, MA 02143

We're opening our Global Center for Cleantech Innovation in Q4 2017. Do you
know any startups that might want to join our community? Send them our way!

Tony Bacigalupo

Sep 15, 2017, 11:45:18 AM9/15/17
to coworking, Boston Coworking Alliance
Hey Elizabeth!

I've got a freebie as well as some other handy resources if you register here:

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Tony
--
New Work Cities - Helping people save time and money starting and growing coworking spaces!

Will Bennis, Locus Workspace

Sep 16, 2017, 1:47:44 PM9/16/17
to Coworking
Here's our's in case it's helpful:

locusws.com/membership-application. You'll need to enter data in the fields to get through to the next page, to get to past the first page.

If you want to see it all: Be sure to choose the "first time member" option at the bottom of the the first page or it'll skip to the last page with the legalese.

If you just want to see the legal part (the final page), choose the option saying you're a renewing member instead, and it'll skip everything but that legal contract.

But don't press submit or you'll be committed! :) (and you'll give us a lot of work to take you out of our system).

We had a much longer version of the legalese part, but after several years doing this decided it added very little value relative to how offputting it was (but then, law suits aren't as big of an issue in the Czech Republic as they are in the U.S. is, if that's where you are). You can ignore the part (in the legal page) about food and drink being included in the membership: We need that clause according to Czech law to be able to include food and drink in our business expenses, or it wouldn't be there.

Best,
Will

Gillian Grogan

Sep 18, 2017, 1:41:26 PM9/18/17
to Jess Muise, Elizabeth Barno, cowo...@googlegroups.com, Boston Coworking Alliance
Thanks for sharing, Jess!

I, too, am curious, as we don't have memberships and have wondered how those are commonly structured.

On a related note, how about a BCA meeting? :)

On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 12:55 PM, Jess Muise <je...@artisansasylum.com> wrote:

Hey Liz,

This is ours!

http://wiki.artisansasylum.com/index.php/Membership_Agreement

Jess Muise
Member Services & Outreach Manager
Artisan's Asylum
je...@artisansasylum.com
617-284-6878 x103
Schedule time with me
Become a member

Gillian Grogan  |  Director
p. 617-682-9409 e. gil...@industry-lab.com
288 Norfolk St, Cambridge, MA 02139

Alex Hillman

Sep 21, 2017, 12:06:33 PM9/21/17
to cowo...@googlegroups.com, Jess Muise, Elizabeth Barno, Boston Coworking Alliance
Hey Elizabeth,

We also traded a lengthy legalese agreement for something that focuses simply on covering the bases on our mutual expectations. The structure is cobbled together from a few other spaces we've been friendly with, plus our own flavor & flare :)

You can check it out here

-Alex

Gillian Grogan  |  Director
p. 617-682-9409 e. gillian@industry-lab.com