Space/Desk "Reservation" Software

Elizabeth Barno

Jan 25, 2017, 3:15:54 PM1/25/17
to Boston Coworking Alliance, cowo...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I am looking into software programs that we can use for members and prospective members to "reserve" or choose a desk and space in our incubator (think online map with clickable open locations).

Does anyone have any leads on tools you use?

Thanks for the help!
Liz

--
Elizabeth Barno
Community Director

Powering a Community of Energy Entrepreneurs
28 Dane Street
Somerville, MA 02143

Facebook @greentownlabs YouTube LinkedIn

Fiona Frank

Jan 26, 2017, 5:13:15 PM1/26/17
to Coworking
We might finally need this too . But I was so happy 3 years ago when we opened to read sonething that led us to just have a picture of an elephant on each desk - a green one when the desk was free and a grey one when it was taken. ....

We moved to a smaller room and I think half of our desks are now taken by full timers so finally we will need that software. So I'm interested too. Thanks .

rhi...@rhcconsultgroup.com

Jan 27, 2017, 3:43:40 PM1/27/17
to Coworking, boston-cowor...@googlegroups.com
Hello All:  I would like software suggestions as well.  I am opening a space in April and do not want to over purchase a system needed for a small cowering space.

Fiona Frank

Feb 23, 2017, 12:25:22 PM2/23/17
to Coworking, boston-cowor...@googlegroups.com
I have just found a VERY nice system - teamup.com
very intuitive and helpful. It's free for up to 8 things like 8 rooms or 8 desks... or $8 a month otherwise (they must like the number 8"!

Alex Hillman

Feb 23, 2017, 12:30:45 PM2/23/17
to cowo...@googlegroups.com, boston-cowor...@googlegroups.com
We use teampup for our member events calendars - it's pretty great once you get your head wrapped around the way it does permissions.

It doesn't have a clickable map type feature like OP asked for...to be honest I haven't seen anything like that, that isn't massively over-engineered or more expensive than it's worth.

With that said, I'd consider challenging the notion of giving people a tool to reserve a specific desk ahead of time...the natural flux and flow of people sitting next to different people is a big benefit of being in a coworking space, and choosing a desk before they're even in the room undermines that opportunity for serendipity.

-Alex

renegadesoloproductions

Jul 1, 2017, 8:16:30 PM7/1/17
to Coworking, boston-cowor...@googlegroups.com
Has anyone tried using a dedicated calendar on ical? How did that work out across platforms?

Grateful for your feedback.

Best, g.

Josh Freed

Jul 3, 2017, 12:48:52 PM7/3/17
to Coworking, boston-cowor...@googlegroups.com
Hey Liz,

I don't know of any online maps for specific selection but we have several spaces that name zones of memberships or placements of offices. If you would be interested, I would be happy to show you around Proximity Space software. We are working with several incubators and have had great success in connecting spaces around the country to each other.

Let me know if you would like to chat.

Katherine Warman Kern

Jul 4, 2017, 12:35:54 PM7/4/17
to Coworking
Hi all,

We have a Mamber management platform with meeting room and desk booking (with credit card and/or credits), calendar, member messaging, member directory, and project management (for collaborative member projects).

We are experimenting with integrating beacons to create a metered meeting room or desk payment system by increments of 15 minutes because many of our members are more likely to use meeting rooms on the fly - not by advanced booking.

We've been discussing opening up this platform to other independent coworking/shared workspaces to create a network of "indie" spaces with local color and a member community that is friendly and welcoming.

Interested in learning more? Contact me at kath...@comradity.com.