NextSpace in the News!

Diana Rothschild

Jan 17, 2013, 6:41:04 PM1/17/13
to Diana Rothschild

Friends & Family,

Happy New Year! As many of you know, I am now officially on NextSpace's executive (aka Galactic) team - creating a collaborative workspace/community that celebrates parents bringing their kiddos to work with them…everyday! We piloted the concept last month at NextSpace Union Square with a dozen happy families, have decided to be called NextKids (trademark application filed yesterday!) and we have a great logo/identity to unveil shortly! We're now looking for a great space and I will keep you abreast of our progress.

As a part of the NextKids concept and NextSpace's overall growth plans, today, we officially announced two important pieces of news: closing $825K of new funding and the addition of David Gensler to our board of directors, the Executive Director of Gensler, the world's largest architecture firm. Our news appeared in several outlets, including TechCrunch, the Silicon Valley Business Journal, and the Dow Jones Venture Wire.  We're also expecting additional coverage in the March edition of FastCompany magazine.

I'm super jazzed to be part of this team especially as coworking is exploding. NextSpace is a big part of that revolution and we hope to be even bigger part as we scale further and help tackle issues like balancing parenting & working. It's also a great announcement because I helped to source some of this funding! We are hoping to raise an additional $300-500K of equity investment in a second closing of this round in February.  We already have a few solid commitments, but if you know anyone who might be interested in making an investment, I'd be grateful for any introductions you're willing to make. Thanks for your support!

Best, diana

--
Diana Rothschild
Chief Mom, NextSpace Kids

www.NextSpace.us
+415.577.0562

http://twitter.com/dianarothschild
http://twitter.com/nextspace

Stop by any of our 6 fabulous spaces for a tour and a cup of delicious Verve coffee. Find us downtown in Santa Cruz, Culver City, Venice Beach, San Jose, and San Francisco's SOMA and Union Square. Learn more virtually at www.NextSpace.us

--
Diana Rothschild
c: 415.577.0562