Update on Work and Play in NJ

Deb

May 7, 2013, 2:59:03 PM5/7/13
to coworking-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi All!

Happy almost Mother's Day!

It's been awhile since we "chatted," so thought I'd give you a brief update on my business.  I've launched my website (www.workandplaynj.com) and Facebook page (www.facebook.com/workandplaynj), and am working on building up my community in advance of (hopefully) opening this Fall.  I'm currently organizing Caregiver & Me Yoga classes and hope to hold our first coworking meet up soon.  I've received a fair number of newsletter sign ups - now I just need to put out my first newsletter!  And of course... I'm looking for a space.  I'm currently investigating whether there are any daycares in the area for sale, which I can convert to my needs, instead of building something from scratch.

Would love to hear about all of your ventures.  Also, feel free to recommend your favorite tools - for social media, CRM, scheduling, etc.  Would love to hear about what others are using!

Best,

Deborah

Marieke Hensel

May 8, 2013, 2:06:56 PM5/8/13
to coworking-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi Deborah,

There are so many tools out there, and it depends on what you really need, but for a general idea:

For social media I can recommend Hootsuite & Buffer.
I would set up Gmail (Google) for business and have your email at your own domainname go through Google, then there are a few great plugins for GMAIL that I love: Streak - which is a plugin that converts your gmail into a CRM. And Smartr Inbox that shows social media info & shows a picture from the person you are emailing with. (Rapportive does a similar thing).

As far as a website goes, I love WordPress and that has numerous plugins that can help your business too. I use the Timely calendar on the website for all events that we host.

Oh, and we use Square for payments at drop-off.

Today I am working on creating our new schedule of classes.

Question for everyone: Do you guys host Jelly's? Why/Why not? We have done Jelly's from 2008-2010 and we got requests to offer them again, so we are doing one this month. But I am not sure if Jelly's are over...

:-)
Marieke

--
Marieke Hensel
http://twitter.com/hensel

1-877-747-FAME (3263)

Orange you ready to improve your sales? Receive Branding Personality's newsletter full of juicy social media news, events, and special offers. http://eepurl.com/o19nP

Bean Work Play Cafe

May 8, 2013, 4:01:01 PM5/8/13
to coworking-a...@googlegroups.com
Looks great, Deborah, how exciting!  I think it is smart to begin with a space that has prior history in being zoned/approved for child care.  Good luck,

Adela
Bean Work Play Cafe

Adela Yelton, Founder & Proprietor

Bean Work Play Cafe

Ph. 404.828.0810

http://www.beanworkplaycafe.com

Jessie Rymph

May 11, 2013, 7:28:14 PM5/11/13
to Coworking and childcare
Deb - I agree with all of Marieke's suggestions. We use MailChimp for e-newsletter, Asana for project management, and FreshBooks for accounting.

Good luck with your search for a space - that's the hardest part for us. Still searching!

--Jessie