Coworking + PlaySpace in Kansas City

Melissa Saubers

May 10, 2017, 2:41:15 PM5/10/17
to Coworking and childcare
Hi everyone,
It looks like there has not been much activity in a while on this group but I just met Deborah Engel from Work and Play in New Jersey at the Global Coworking Unconference Conference (GCUC) last week. And I've talked to Tiffany and Lis from Nido Coworking + Childcare in Durham.

I currently own and operate a small coworking space in Kansas City called Cowork Waldo in the Waldo neighborhood (opened early 2013) and we are working on a new larger project to bring together Coworking + a Kid's PlaySpace/childcare. We're still in the concept development and research phase. I'm learning a ton from others in the business. I know the coworking side very well but have a lot to learn on the childcare side. I'm also the Chair of the Kansas City Coworking Alliance.

How is everything going in your spaces? Successes? Key Learnings? Cautions? Potential Issues?

I also just joined the Coworking with Kids International Hosts Facebook Group and Linda Liu from Rockjipfel in Germany just created this Coworking with Kids International Map that is really helpful.

I look forward to getting to know you all. Please let me know if I can help anyone with the coworking side of the business.
Thanks
Melissa

Deborah Engel

May 11, 2017, 6:20:33 PM5/11/17
to coworking-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi Melissa! Thanks for reactivating this group! I've been living in the weeds (as they say) since opening in early 2015. GCUC inspired me to become more active in the coworking global community in general, and to help others bring coworking + childcare to life. We still struggle with pricing, logistics (especially with babies), and space (wish we had a bigger workspace!), but we seem to have turned a corner this year. I can't wait to see our #s for the first half of the year!

Looking forward to hearing about the progress from others!

Best,
Deborah Engel