article on Plug & Play in Austin

Jessie Rymph

Jun 4, 2012, 1:42:12 PM6/4/12
to Coworking and childcare
Read about the new space in Austin:

Jacqueline Sweet

Jun 12, 2012, 11:34:08 AM6/12/12
to coworking-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jessie,

Hope you are doing well. So I've become inspired to pitch a magazine story to Working Mother magazine about the new coworking with child care spaces that are opening and even this group...this is a trend story that's totally up their alley and I think it would be great exposure for everyone if I could get this in the magazine.

Quick question: how many members do you currently have in this group? I know a lot are international, any idea how many are in the US?

I'm also thinking skeptics might be wondering what happened to that first space in California, Cubes and Crayons...that was the big one that got some media attention (I think they were in Parents magazine). Does anyone know why they folded? I'm hoping I can pre-empt any editor concerns that the idea isn't viable or has already been discussed and sort of "finished" if that makes sense.

Thanks for you help!

Jackie Sweet

Jessie R

Jun 12, 2012, 11:47:43 AM6/12/12
to coworking-a...@googlegroups.com
Good morning! I'm really excited about your potential story!

We have 23 members in this list. I know that 9 are American, but I don't know everyone on the list.

I have e-mailed with Felicity of Cubes and Crayons in the past. She's told me she closed even though the business was successful because she was offered her dream job in her pre-Cubes&Crayons field. She also told me she's available for consulting on this topic.

Thanks, Jackie, and good luck! Let us know how we can help and participate :)

--Jessie

Julianne Becker

Jun 18, 2012, 8:49:18 AM6/18/12
to coworking-a...@googlegroups.com, Anna Cashman
Hey all,

Sorry to be so silent - I am also super excited to see so many new things on the horizon. Great that you got in touch with Felicity for some advice.

Please let me know if I can be of any help in getting info for the article, especially if they want some background material for coworking in general.

Cheers,

Julianne
--
Julianne Becker
PR/Communications and Community management Deskwanted and Deskmag

Skype - Juliannebecker
Phone - +49 30 24301 1056
Mobile - +49 (0)157 847 995 42

Plug & Play

Jul 24, 2012, 11:09:03 AM7/24/12
to coworking-a...@googlegroups.com, Anna Cashman, juli...@deskmag.com
Hi everyone - Jessie - thanks for including me in this group. I'll have to browse around and catch up on the discussions.

Julianne - I'm Amy, owner of Plug & Play in Austin, TX. We opened on June 11, 2012 and are in the process of getting involved in the coworking and childcare communities. Let me know if you would like any information from me.

Thanks!

Jessie Rymph

Jul 24, 2012, 11:24:30 AM7/24/12
to coworking-a...@googlegroups.com
Thank you so much for joining us! Any words of advice for those of us working on our business plans?

Best of luck with Plug & Play!
--Jessie