Error 404

Nathalie Bussieres

Aug 10, 2016, 8:33:05 AM8/10/16
to Course Builder Forum
Hi!

We were able to deploy, but I could only access the page once. I assigned a title to the course and an URL component, signed out and since then when I go back to the link (..appspot.com), I get "Unable to access requested page. HTTP status code: 404". I must have done something wrong when I logged out. Can anyone help?

Thank you in advance.

Adam Feldman

Aug 10, 2016, 12:22:43 PM8/10/16
to course-bui...@googlegroups.com
Try going to <your-appid>.appspot.com/admin/welcome and see if you get a login page.  Alternatively, you can delete the cookies in your browser for that site.

It's occasionally possible (as an admin) to get in a state where it tries to redirect you to the page you were at before (based on the cookie), but that page isn't available to logged out users (or non-admins) and so you just get a 404.  By visiting the above page directly or deleting your cookies, it will prompt you to log in again.

This is not desirable behavior and should be improved in the next version of Course Builder.

If that doesn't work, please let us know.

Adam

Nathalie Bussieres

Aug 11, 2016, 9:42:23 AM8/11/16
to Course Builder Forum
Hi again!

I wrote a reply but I can't see so I will write again (and add more information).

I could login and the project is on the Cloud platform, but I don't see any link to the course builder. I also deleted the cookies.

and this message appears: Unable to access requested page. HTTP status code: 404.

What else can I try?

Mike Gainer

Aug 11, 2016, 10:41:11 AM8/11/16
to course-bui...@googlegroups.com
Please take a look at this posting:

Try applying that patch per the instructions, redeploy, and as always, let us know if that's not working for you.

On Aug 10, 2016 5:33 AM, "Nathalie Bussieres" <nmbus...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi!

We were able to deploy, but I could only access the page once. I assigned a title to the course and an URL component, signed out and since then when I go back to the link (..appspot.com), I get "Unable to access requested page. HTTP status code: 404". I must have done something wrong when I logged out. Can anyone help?

Thank you in advance.

Mike Gainer

Aug 15, 2016, 12:53:41 PM8/15/16
to course-bui...@googlegroups.com