How to insert data to database from register page custom fileld

กิตติศักดิ์ แก้วเนียม

Oct 16, 2015, 3:48:12 AM10/16/15
to Course Builder Forum
Hello everybody, my name's Kittisak from Thailand. I'm a newby of a course-builder, I would like to know how to insert data into database from register page custom fileld.

I follow instruction from https://code.google.com/p/course-builder/wiki/CreateRegistration. it's work I have a custom field in register page but I don't know how to add data from a new field (such as Age, Tel, Major... ) into course-builder's database and show in admin backend.

thank you for your help.

Jessa E

Oct 29, 2015, 2:22:09 PM10/29/15
to Course Builder Forum
Also, do you have to run the Data pump in order to see the data from the registration page?  Or is it displayed somewhere else?

กิตติศักดิ์ แก้วเนียม

Oct 30, 2015, 4:51:43 AM10/30/15
to Course Builder Forum
Hi Jessa E , Thank you for your answer.

When I access to Data pump menu. I found "Data pump functionality is not currently enabled. To enable it, please configure the Data Pump settings"

Can you tell me how to setting Data pump about...
-JSON Key (How to find it?)
-Dataset Name
-Table Lifetime (What's this?)

Thank you so much Jessa.

Jessa E

Oct 30, 2015, 7:09:32 PM10/30/15
to Course Builder Forum
Hi Kittisak,

I found the information from the registration page without doing the data pump.  I'm not sure how to display it in the admin menu of coursebuilder, but it's in Datastore in App Engine.  In App Engine, go to Datastore viewer, choose your project in Namespace, and in By kind choose Students.  Under student entities you will see the answers from the fieldsyou added to your registration page.  It's not the easiest format to view the data; I wonder if data pump would put it in a better format.  I am not a programmer and am a new user of coursebuilder, but I am slowly figuring my way through it!

กิตติศักดิ์ แก้วเนียม

Nov 1, 2015, 1:57:10 AM11/1/15
to Course Builder Forum
Hi Jessa, Thank you for your help, in you cemment "Under student entities you will see the answers from the fieldsyou added to your registration page." I still don't found the information from additional field (Email, Organization) that i was add. (see picture)

------------------------

and I have found error in the Student Menu is when I click update all my process is never stop untill error.. (see picture)

why it happan like that, what wrong? How I should do.
T.T

Jessa E

Nov 3, 2015, 3:43:59 PM11/3/15
to Course Builder Forum
Hello!  In the Developers Console it's under Datastore>Query.  It's also displayed in the Google App Engine under Datastore viewer.

กิตติศักดิ์ แก้วเนียม

Nov 5, 2015, 11:13:50 AM11/5/15
to Course Builder Forum
Hi Jessa, Now I have seen the data from my additional fields. Thank you so much.

However, I still confuse about
1. Why Data pump menu (manage>Data pump) in my course-builder not work?
2. Why Student menu (manage>Student) in my course-builder not work? (after I click to Update, it's never stop process untill error. "There was an error updating labels on students statistics. Error msg: Job has not completed; assumed to have failed after 21:50:45")

Thank you Jessa.

Jessa E

Nov 6, 2015, 4:53:22 PM11/6/15
to Course Builder Forum
I'm so glad you found it!  I think you have to pay to use data pump.  I don't know much about it, but I will try it and let you know what happens.

I have the same problem with manage>student.  I don't know why it's not working.

Jessa

กิตติศักดิ์ แก้วเนียม

Nov 6, 2015, 6:08:22 PM11/6/15
to Course Builder Forum
Hi Jeesa, Thank you for your help, I was very impressed.

Wish you have a good work and healthy.

Jessa E

Nov 10, 2015, 5:52:12 PM11/10/15
to Course Builder Forum
Here is a good video on what the data pump does - there is also another video on how to set it up.