Google Summer of Code and Idea

Rishi Mukherjee

Apr 1, 2013, 11:19:07 PM4/1/13
to couchbases...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I am an undergraduate computer science student from India. I want to start my contribution to open source and I think this is the opportunity for me. I have looked the Ideas page and since I have been solving algorithmic problems for ACM-ICPC, the ideas 'Adding data structure support to Couchbase' and 'In-memory Compression technique for Couchbase' are very interesting to me. Also, since I have been programming in Python and have been a PyCon India speaker, I wanted to propose an Idea of adding Python API support to Couchbase. Since many web frameworks are being built on Python and other NoSqls like MongoDB already have a support for Python, I was wondering if support for Python can be added to Couchbase. I am not sure if at all it is feasible in the coding period of GSOC or not.

Thank you,
Rishi Mukherjee

Anil Kumar

Apr 8, 2013, 3:57:35 PM4/8/13
to Rishi Mukherjee, couchbases...@googlegroups.com
Hello Rishi,
                    Thank you for your interest in Couchbase project ideas. I would recommend you to use the template provided here to prepare your application and email us.

Regarding building Python API for Couchbase we already have one http://www.couchbase.com/develop in 'developer preview'.

Thanks!

Anil Kumar