About Idea with adding data structures

Anatoliy Seleznyov

Apr 1, 2013, 5:57:41 PM4/1/13
to couchbases...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

I'm going to participate in GSOC and I'm very interested in Couchbase. I know that you're waiting for confirmation form Google, but I hope everything will go smoothly!

I found project idea that I like very much - "Add data structure support in Couchbase", because I'm huge fan of solving tasks with data structures on programming contests.

As I understand, there is a need in persistent data structures. They will be stored in RAM (current version of structure for quick access) and on hard disk (all previous copies). Am I right? How user will use this data structures from client code?

Could you please tell me more details, about what should be done, or give me references to documentation, so that I will better understand this task.

Hope to work with you!

Best regards,

Anatoliy Seleznyov

Anil Kumar

Apr 1, 2013, 9:27:25 PM4/1/13
to Anatoliy Seleznyov, couchbases...@googlegroups.com
Hello Anatolly,
                       Thank you for your interest in Couchbase. I would recommend you to fill the application here so that Couchbase Mentees can see your application.

Just to give you and idea for the project - Redis is a NoSQL database that supports data structures. If you take a look at their api (http://openmymind.net/2011/11/8/Redis-Zero-To-Master-In-30-Minutes-Part-1/), you might be able to propose an API for Couchbase.

Thanks!

Anil Kumar

Anil Kumar

Apr 2, 2013, 1:16:13 PM4/2/13
to Anatoliy Seleznyov, couchbases...@googlegroups.com
Hello Anatolly,
                       Sorry earlier email had incorrect information. The recommendation is to use the template provided here to prepare your application and email us.

Thanks!

Anil Kumar