ANN: Python 2.0.0 SDK Released

Mark Nunberg

Apr 8, 2015, 11:37:49 AM4/8/15
to couc...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I'm glad to announce that we released the Couchbase Python Client version 2.0.0. This is major release. This provides an API more in line with our other SDKs (aka “SDK 2.0”); however applications using the 1.x API should be able to use the new 2.0 client without making any code changes (though Python may still print a deprecation warning, depending on the version of Python). See http://docs.couchbase.com/developer/python-2.0/migrating.html for migrating from previous versions (which is encouraged).

Among the main features added:
  • Specifying the cluster and initial connection options may now be done via the connection string.
  • In addition to using LCB_LOGLEVEL, applications may natively integrate the library’s logging with the standard Python logging module.
  • Enhanced include_docs - which functions in synchronous and asynchronous modes.
  • Support for querying Geospatial Views (experimental).
  • Support for N1QL queries (experimental).

While this is a major release, the internals have largely remained the same, and thus it benefits from the stability and speed benefits of a mature codebase.
Mark Nunberg
Software Engineer