Issues with Upgrading Couchbase Server Community Edition from 2.0.1 to 2.2.0

Madhav Maddi

Dec 23, 2014, 1:32:33 PM12/23/14
to couc...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I'm trying to do upgrade couchbase server community edition from 2.0.1 to 2.2.0 using below steps.
  • Take the backup of existing bucket using command
    • nohup /opt/couchbase/bin/cbbackup http://localhost:8091  /app/cache/bkup -u Administrator -p c0mcast! -b customerdb &
  • Stop the current couchbase server with version 2.0.1 using command
    • sudo /etc/init.d/couchbase-server stop
  • Upgrade the couchbase server using command
    • rpm -U ~/couchbase/couchbase-server-community_2.2.0_x86_64.rpm
  • Monitor while the server comes up using command
    • cbstats localhost:11210 warmup
However I could not go further after the step which is highlighted in RED as the couchbase server could not be started after the upgrade.
It says the server is started but however I could not access the admin console using http:\\localhost:8091.

Any pointers to fix this would be very helpful to do the upgrade in higher environments.

Thanks,
Madhav

Aliaksey Kandratsenka

Dec 23, 2014, 1:49:32 PM12/23/14
to couc...@googlegroups.com
Please gather cbcollectinfo's and file ticket at https://issues.couchbase.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa. Might be some bug. But even if it's not, we'll be able to see what exactly is going on from diagnostics.

Madhav Maddi

Dec 23, 2014, 3:53:42 PM12/23/14
to couc...@googlegroups.com
Do we need to have enterprise license to create ticket? I've already uploaded the cbcollectinfo's data using below command

Aliaksey Kandratsenka

Dec 23, 2014, 4:09:28 PM12/23/14
to couc...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Dec 23, 2014 at 12:53 PM, Madhav Maddi <maddi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Do we need to have enterprise license to create ticket? I've already uploaded the cbcollectinfo's data using below command

No you don't have to be. But I'll need direct links to cbcollectinfos (some folks do have privileges to see what is uploaded on our s3 but not me).

Madhav Maddi

Dec 24, 2014, 10:09:51 AM12/24/14
to couc...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Aliaksey, I've created an issue, here is the link if you need, https://issues.couchbase.com/browse/MB-13001

Aliaksey Kandratsenka

Dec 24, 2014, 12:13:46 PM12/24/14
to couc...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Dec 24, 2014 at 7:09 AM, Madhav Maddi <maddi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks Aliaksey, I've created an issue, here is the link if you need, https://issues.couchbase.com/browse/MB-13001

I'll need direct links to uploaded files :)

Aliaksey Kandratsenka

Dec 24, 2014, 12:16:44 PM12/24/14
to couc...@googlegroups.com
Ah the file seems to be attached.