Couchbase lite - Peer to peer - Are there andy restrictions/limitations?

Sandra Bazán

Mar 6, 2015, 12:50:23 PM3/6/15
to couc...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
    I'd like to know if there's any restriction in the P2P architecture, or any limitation on the number of devices that can "talk" to each other.

   In case my app doesn't have connection to sync gateway, it connects peer to peer to the devices found in an array which correspond to all the devices in the same local network. That means that they will all try to connect to the first device in the list, in case it is unavailable for some reason, they will try to connect to the next in the list and so on.
   What I want to ensure is that all devices have the same information, and when the internet connection is re-established, e.g the sync_gateway is available again, all the changes are stored in the server which is in the cloud.
   Is this architecture ok for this scenario or shall we find a way to have only one mobile device acting as a server so that all communicate only to this one?
    In case the above approach is acceptable, is there any limit on the amount of devices that can interact p2p?
    When the sync_gateway is reachable again, is there anything we must take into consideration to avoid conflicts or data inconsistency?

   I appreciate your clarifications,
   BR,
   Sandra

Sandra Bazán

Mar 6, 2015, 1:44:00 PM3/6/15
to couc...@googlegroups.com
Woops, sorry, I see I posted this in couch base server group instead of couch base mobile.