Document lookup in 2.2

Guy

Mar 14, 2014, 6:18:17 PM3/14/14
to couc...@googlegroups.com
On a couchbase 2.1.1 we can start typing into the document search box and it dynamically returns matches as we type. We have another server with 2.2.0 installed and it does not have this functionality. Also, if you type part of a key and hit the Lookup Id button it returns nothing if you haven't typed an id that exactly matches a the id of an existing document. So my question is: is it no longer possible to do a partial ID search in 2.2.0 (and above, I presume)?

Thanks,
Guy

Aliaksey Kandratsenka

Mar 14, 2014, 6:25:26 PM3/14/14
to couc...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 3:18 PM, Guy <g...@eastsidegamestudio.com> wrote:
On a couchbase 2.1.1 we can start typing into the document search box and it dynamically returns matches as we type. We have another server with 2.2.0 installed and it does not have this functionality. Also, if you type part of a key and hit the Lookup Id button it returns nothing if you haven't typed an id that exactly matches a the id of an existing document. So my question is: is it no longer possible to do a partial ID search in 2.2.0 (and above, I presume)?

Correct. That was done on purpose. Previous implementation was known to be able to crash server.

Guy Knights

Mar 14, 2014, 6:29:07 PM3/14/14
to couc...@googlegroups.com
Ok, and yes, I've seen that crash issue on our 2.1.1 server. I'm curious, was it related to the wildcard part of the lookup (looking up a document from a partial ID), or the dynamic/reactive part, eg. it reruns the lookup as you type each character?

Thank you for the quick reply,
Guy

Guy Knights
Lead Systems Administrator

www.eastsidegamestudio.com
g...@eastsidegamestudio.com

Aliaksey Kandratsenka

Mar 14, 2014, 6:40:26 PM3/14/14
to couc...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 3:29 PM, Guy Knights <g...@eastsidegamestudio.com> wrote:
Ok, and yes, I've seen that crash issue on our 2.1.1 server. I'm curious, was it related to the wildcard part of the lookup (looking up a document from a partial ID), or the dynamic/reactive part, eg. it reruns the lookup as you type each character?

Reruns as well as inefficient code.

Guy Knights

Mar 14, 2014, 6:42:28 PM3/14/14
to couc...@googlegroups.com
Ok, thanks.

Guy

Mar 31, 2014, 2:54:42 PM3/31/14
to couc...@googlegroups.com
Is it at all possible to re-enable this code in 2.2? We'd like to do it for our dev environment as it's a useful feature for our developers. It's ok if it occasionally crashes there.

Matt Ingenthron

Mar 31, 2014, 4:14:14 PM3/31/14
to couc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Guy,

From: Guy <g...@eastsidegamestudio.com>
Date: Monday, March 31, 2014 11:54 AM
To: "couc...@googlegroups.com" <couc...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: Document lookup in 2.2

Is it at all possible to re-enable this code in 2.2? We'd like to do it for our dev environment as it's a useful feature for our developers. It's ok if it occasionally crashes there.

One developer, terminal friendly approach for this while the team considers your feedback might be to use the cbc tools which ship with libcouchbase.  This blog talks about them, even if it's a bit dated:

Regards,

Matt

On Friday, 14 March 2014 15:18:17 UTC-7, Guy wrote:
On a couchbase 2.1.1 we can start typing into the document search box and it dynamically returns matches as we type. We have another server with 2.2.0 installed and it does not have this functionality. Also, if you type part of a key and hit the Lookup Id button it returns nothing if you haven't typed an id that exactly matches a the id of an existing document. So my question is: is it no longer possible to do a partial ID search in 2.2.0 (and above, I presume)?

Thanks,
Guy

Matt Ingenthron
Couchbase, Inc.