n1ql: helpers for insert, update , etc.

Asher Tarnopolski

Jan 31, 2016, 4:56:51 PM1/31/16
to Couchbase
hi,

while going through n1ql documentation i paid attention that there is a helper Select object for select queries provided in examples like this:

Select.select("*").from("beer-sample").limit(10)

but in the examples of inserts and update  only plain string base queries are shown.

my question is if update and insert helper objects exist and if not - what is the reason for this?

thanks!

Michael Nitschinger

Feb 1, 2016, 11:43:19 AM2/1/16
to Couchbase
Yes, it exists since the java-client 2.2.3 relase, documentation is still in the works, but look for Insert.insert(...)... and friends, they work exactly like select. If you need a particular example we can guide you through it

Asher Tarnopolski

Feb 1, 2016, 3:54:53 PM2/1/16
to Couchbase
thanks a lot. works great with 2.2.3.