Duplicate Booking Issue | Couch base

SANTHOSH KUMAR S

Apr 23, 2015, 3:50:03 AM4/23/15
to couc...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

We have an issue with respect to couch base where multiple bookings are happening for the same seat as we are using a couchbase view.

Attached Time Space Diagram for analysis.

Please provide your thoughts. Will update more information as we proceed.

Thanks,
Santhosh
dataduplication_impactanalysis.png

Siri

Apr 23, 2015, 6:51:08 AM4/23/15
to couc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Santhosh,

From the diagram, it appears your flow requires a consistent view between RAM and Disk. I don't know sufficient detail from the diagram, but I can give a general answer.

In 2.x, the way to accomplish this consistency is to Observe() the SET to ensure it is on disk, and then issue a stale=false query to View.

In 3.x, it is not necessary to do Observe; Views engine stale=false will pick up all changes from RAM directly.

Best Regards,
Sriram

SANTHOSH KUMAR S

Apr 24, 2015, 5:57:04 PM4/24/15
to couc...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Sriram for your reply.

As you mentioned. We have set stale = false but still we are getting into disk contention on a daily scheduled interval.

Everyday the system gets into starvation for connection at 8:30 IST. The system is unable to recover. During this period Rebalancing is happening in the couchbase. It continues to
get into a loop infinitely.

Can you provide insight in the below points.

How to stop index rebalancing?
We tried cli command 'stop-rebalance'. The command succeeded but no effect on the CouchBase system.

Why disk contention and resource starvation happens when rebalancing starts at a specified time?

Any configuration or commands needs to be executed to improve the stability of couchbase?

Please provide your thoughts. Meanwhile will continue diagnosis and provide you more information as we proceed.

Thanks,
Santhosh