CouchBase WEB(AngularJS), Android(Native), IOS(Native)

Robert Verdo

Nov 13, 2014, 5:09:39 AM11/13/14
to couc...@googlegroups.com

I'm planning to build an application that runs on WEB(AngularJS), Android(Native), IOS(Native). I have experience with MongoDB, but I found CouchBase which sounds really good for me. I read documentation and I found out I need to use sync_gatway to sync my mobile databases with main database server and reverse, until now everything is fine. I also need to use "channels" to share records with multiple users.

The problem comes when I need to implement this for web application. In their documentation on "Working with web applications" they explain how "bucket shadowing" is working, but they also say:

Bucket shadowing is meant to enable sync for existing Couchbase Server apps. If you are creating a new app with both mobile and web clients, we recommend starting with the Sync Gateway REST APIs, and connecting backend services using the Changes Worker Pattern.

After reading Sync Gateway REST API I found out I'm limited to facebook and persona authentication. So I can't use my own authentication mechanism? Also, there is nothing specified in REST API about channels? Is there any example project or more documentation about this? I couldn't find anything :(

For auth I can do my own implementation on server side, no other way using rest api?!

How my angularjs applicaiton will know to fetch "channel" data?

If someone has experience with this, please explain how this works.

Shares Structure

Nov 25, 2014, 6:21:33 PM11/25/14
to couc...@googlegroups.com
Add me on Skype, sebastianb.o

We are in the exact same boat and we are about to release our iOS App.