What's the status of libvbucket?

Teemu Harju

Nov 24, 2014, 2:16:35 AM11/24/14
to couc...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm implementing a custom Couchbase driver and was thinking about using libvbucket for hashing. Is it still maintained? Just wondering because seems like libcouchbase has it's own vbucket implementation?

Br,

Teemu

Trond Norbye

Nov 24, 2014, 4:18:22 AM11/24/14
to couc...@googlegroups.com
libcouchbase have its own version to reduce the number of dependencies. The standalone libvbucket library in https://github.com/couchbase/libvbucket is no longer being used by the Couchbase server, as the only user of libvbucket is moxi. We've moved the content of the repository into moxi in 3.0 as part of the ongoing task to simplify the build process of the Couchbase server. You should still be able to use the code in https://github.com/couchbase/libvbucket.

Cheers,

Trond

Teemu Harju

Nov 24, 2014, 6:17:56 AM11/24/14
to couc...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, that's what I thought. I'll keep on using libvbucket. It's fairly simple anyways what it does so not a big task to replace if there would be big changes there.

- Teemu