Troubleshooting slow view indexing

mai...@gmail.com

Jul 26, 2015, 6:56:36 AM7/26/15
to Couchbase
I'm trying to troubleshoot slow indexing on couchbase 2.5.2 and I was wondering what is the relation between views and indexers?
Does each view has a single indexer? Can a view be indexed in parallel?
Should maxParallelIndexers be set to the number of CPU per machine? Total number of CPUs in the cluster?
Is a view promoted from Dev considered a new view? If so should I always delete old views from Dev so it won't waste time indexing?
I see a reference to an _active_tasks endpoint in the docs but I get a Not Found error when trying to access it.
How does one access that endpoint?

mai...@gmail.com

Aug 3, 2015, 2:51:49 AM8/3/15
to Couchbase
In case anyone is interested the /_active_tasks endpoint was under 8092.