Couchbase 3 Bucket Limit

jorda...@gmail.com

Jul 1, 2015, 1:52:09 AM7/1/15
to couc...@googlegroups.com
I know this has been brought up before, but has there been any change the the recommended max bucket limit of 10 on Couchbase server 3?

This post is 2 years old http://blog.couchbase.com/10-things-developers-should-know-about-couchbase and I can't find anything "official" more recent apart from some forum comments. I've also read through https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/couchbase/9vcMj2xF7pc, which doesn't give any conclusive answer, especially for Couchbase 3.

We'd like to tenant by Bucket, but a limit of 10 is way to small for our current requirements.

Laurent Doguin

Jul 1, 2015, 10:26:07 AM7/1/15
to couc...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

as far as I know this has not changed. The most recent info on the topic can be found in Perry Krug's presentation at Couchbase Connect: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDZwjLW_GEo

Have you considered using containers or virtualization for tenants instead?

Barry Jordan

Jul 1, 2015, 11:16:30 AM7/1/15
to couc...@googlegroups.com
HI Laurent,

Thanks for that, I'll check it out. HA is a requirement, so looking at 3 nodes per cluster. If you look at the recommended hardware specifications, http://docs.couchbase.com/admin/admin/Install/install-resourceReqs.html, it's not financially feasible to have say 100 tenants at 10 buckets per cluster, with each tenant getting their own bucket. That's 10 clusters, whether it's virtualized or not.