Couchbase 4.0 Developer Preview is here!

Matt Ingenthron

Apr 22, 2015, 12:18:08 PM4/22/15
to couc...@googlegroups.com

Hi everyone,

(this is a crosspost from forums.couchbase.com)

Everyone at Couchbase has been working hard on the next big update to Couchbase Server. This next major release has some hot new capabilities. We know many of you have had an opportunity to try the new query functionality, now officially branded as SQL for Documents (codename N1QL). This developer preview combines query along with new indexing, called Global Secondary Indexing (GSI) in a single easy to install and use package. You’ll notice as you set up a 4.0 preview cluster that services are easily managed across the clustered nodes, giving you Multi-Dimensional Scaling.

Check out the release blog from Cihan, grab a download and look over the docs.

As is always our goal with Developer Previews, we’d want your feedback! We will respond to feedback in the upcoming beta for 4.0, and then proceed from there to general availability.

See the docs for additional details on what to expect from the DP and how to provide feedback.

Thanks much,

Matt