Couchbase 4.0 - cbbackup tool won't finish

Gleb Chermennov

Apr 12, 2016, 9:57:52 AM4/12/16
to Couchbase
We have Couchbase 4.0.x cluster running on Windows with multiple buckets.
I have set up full backups (via Task Scheduler) via Powershell script, it worked ok for about about 2 weeks and then I noticed something strange - cbbackup would just freeze in a middle of a task and won't move forward.
I have a log that says it stops at different point every time. The bucket in question isn't even big - less than 10Gb on disk.
About my script - all it does is call cbbackup and pack resulting directory via 7Zip, but the execution won't reach the second step. I can provide script source if it helps.
Any suggestions on how to investigate this? Which log files on Couchbase servers should I look into?
It seems my problem is related to this issue, but this one was fixed prior to 4.0 release.
I also posted this on StackOverflow
I only now learned about -v flag on cbbackup and enabled it, will see what info it'll produce.